• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

Storm5 said:
I mean why are we worrying about temps off an unreliable model 3-4 days out . it's kinda obvious the gfs is on its own at the model . Eric brought up a good point about the gfs being too progressive.

God I need some tequila . gonna be along 4 days  

better get the wife some wine incase we are snowed in

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'll be breaking out the Tullamore Dew before the week is over!!

2m temps don't look too horrible to me on the GFS. There's one itty bitty problem though that could cause issues with sticking (if that's the scenario we get in the end), it's 70+ degrees in a lot of those areas today and our storm is getting into the period in which its just a few days away.

Deltadog03 said:
Shawn said:
Well. Canadian is a swing and miss for CAE.  We do see some Wintry weather, but its mainly to our North.

I honestly don't buy that. It's the warmest model of them all. I would think Temps should support snow or wintry precip down our way.

I'm selfish.  I'm all in for snow your way and over to this way.  I'll ring mother nature's neck to make it happen!

Folks, go edit your profile and put in your location. Helps out a lot with the discussion to know where people are.

Claycochaser said:
Well, lookie here...found you guys! In the nick of time it appears.
Haha omgd. just in time for you to be in the gfs bullseye 3 days out

Canadian
15841094_1540478509313135_905271843_n.png

Dsaur said:
Bham 99 said:
I am in Birmingham currently, and have lived in North Georgia also. I would say that we are due for a more southerly track, it has not happened in a while from what I remember over the past few years...

Agreed.  Since I've been south of Atl, after living in Atl until the early 80's, I've seen deeper snow than I ever saw in Atl.  Sometimes things line up right and we are closer to the heavy rains near the furnace, but not so close as to be warm nosed to death.  Atl gets it more often, but I get deeper amounts when I get a good path thru here.  T

Where are you Dsaur? I am from Gainesville. I do miss the CAD setups, but I do remember times when the CAD caused the moisture to fall apart before it even got to Gainesville. I guess every location has pros and cons

GeorgiaGirl said:
2m temps don't look too horrible to me on the GFS. There's one itty bitty problem though that could cause issues with sticking (if that's the scenario we get in the end), it's 70+ degrees in a lot of those areas today and our storm is getting into the period in which its just a few days away.
The cold air actually start's settling in before the low...but I see what your saying... ground temps will be an issue

Snowfan said:
The Canadian was the quickiest.
yes it is, but even the slower gfs and euro and very quick with the system . but he'll I don't care . I can build a snowman with mini5 and throw snowballs at the wife I'm good

Yes, it's looking like the system will be a quick mover, but good convection which means high snowfall rates. Plus the Appalachian Mountains produce more lift, so there will be some higher snowfall amounts there as usual. But not all the time because sometimes mountains can shear moisture.

Back