• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

I love how the GEFS are all or nothing for my backyard. It's either a half foot plus or nothing. This should be enough to drive me insane

If you're using tapatalk, go into your tapatalk settings and turn off auto subscribe

Supershow said:
MBell said:
Yeah the subscribe thing is very annoying...how do you stop it?  My phones keeps blowing up.  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My phone has also blown up - cant get anything done on it!  Maybe delete the App and start over?

I'm having the same problem. Y'all are not alone. For now you are going to have to disable subscriptions in the admin CP. There is a way to do it via the database, but Im not sure how. Maybe shawn knows how.

SD said:
I love how the GEFS are all or nothing for my backyard. It's either a half foot plus or nothing. This should be enough to drive me insane
I guess people are ignoring the fact that a 3rd of the gefs members give nothing to a trace . BTW that's an increased number of members saying move along

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

SD said:

Yep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1491763_773096792717981_293052413_n.jpg

Just looking over the 12z GFS, one big thing to note. For example around BHM when the snow would start it has temps in the range of 27-29 degree with colder air aloft. Should you get heavy precip along with thicknesses crashing you would pull down even colder air. Get temps around 25-26 and you have a disaster in a hurry like the Snowjam. Just wanted to point that out. Should you end up in that heavier band on the road you may end up in a hairy situation quickly.

weatherfide said:
MayberryWx said:
Webberweather53 said:
Yea as Larry & Brick said. the UKMET looks amazing for the I-85 corridor from Atlanta to Richmond

Agreed.  The UKMET is quite reliable in this range.
That would probably be a "rain changing to snow" for those south of I-85 with the low so close to the coast and tracking over north Florida, wouldn't you think?

Yes, I would think so.  I-85 and points south would be the rain/snow line IMO.

Alias47 said:
I don't post a lot and only observe, but I'll try to post about what my area gets or doesn't get as the storm passes through.

Welcome, love to hear you inputs

ARCC said:
Just looking over the 12z GFS, one big thing to note. For example around BHM when the snow would start it has temps in the range of 27-29 degree with colder air aloft. Should you get heavy precip along with thicknesses crashing you would pull down even colder air. Get temps around 25-26 and you have a disaster in a hurry like the Snowjam. Just wanted to point that out. Should you end up in that heavier band on the road you may end up in a hairy situation quickly.

Love it, great post. Do you think there will be thundersnow in this storm?

Storm5 said:
SD said:
I guess people are ignoring the fact that a 3rd of the gefs members give nothing to a trace . BTW that's an increased number of members saying move along

To me it looks like it depends on where you are looking

SD said:
Storm5 said:
SD said:

there are EIGHT that bring nothing to very little to the whole region including NC

To support this forum, if you are a guest please Register, come join the fun times ahead, because this may be our only window opportunity for a winter storm for awhile.JK kinda

SD said:
Storm5 said:
SD said:

I agree as well. There are a few that ssay move along. Lol

SnowFlowXXL said:
My biggest fear is it getting to strong, and leaving us with rain.

My thoughts, as well.  That could possibly lead to the low being too close to the coastline.

Back