• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

HOSEN_2.png

ColaSnow said:
SnowFlowXXL said:
My biggest fear is it getting to strong, and leaving us with rain.

My thoughts, as well.  That could possibly lead to the low being too close to the coastline.

Same here. The UKMet spooked me a little bit with the low track that close to the coast

SD said:
ColaSnow said:
SnowFlowXXL said:

My thoughts, as well.  That could possibly lead to the low being too close to the coastline.

Same here. The UKMet spooked me a little bit with the low track that close to the coast

Certainly wouldn't help some of us...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SD said:
ColaSnow said:
SnowFlowXXL said:

A point being made at the other board is when you look at the known bias of the UK to over-amplify storms, and the GFS to suppress storms, things look pretty good now taking a blend of the models for us.

The 12Z GFS gives Charleston 1.5" of SN/IP and 0.41' of ZR per Bufkit.

Brick Tamland said:
SD said:
ColaSnow said:
SnowFlowXXL said:

A point being made at the other board is when you look at the known bias of the UK to over-amplify storms, and the GFS to suppress storms, things look pretty good now taking a blend of the models for us.

That's good to know. A blend would be a nice hit for our area

https://www.facebook.com/will.frizzell.5/posts/1387754077909959

This is the kind of ---- people keep sending me when I tell them to wait it out because as of now in the Chattanooga area it looks like if a snow storm develops it will probably stay to our south UNLESS this thing trends north.

They get mad and say look what this guy posted, and he knows what he is talking about! I can't get through to them to just wait it out instead of looking at 1 damn map someone posted from their barn 30 miles north of Chattanooga!

Brick Tamland said:
SD said:
ColaSnow said:
SnowFlowXXL said:

The Dr is about to split the difference and come in colder and most everyone will be happy...LOL! (Wishcasting)

SASQUATCH said:

I'll bite- has been a little quiet with the IMBY questions- how much for 1 mile south of Downtown Decatur GA???!!! Will I be able to get home????!! Will I survive?? !!

Just kidding...but seriously.

I think there are so many notifications, it is locking up everything. I can't get into the regular website(not Tapatalk), and gmail is locked up even after deleting it. Might be my phone. I am going to try on the pc.

ShowMeYourTDs said:
I'll bite- has been a little quiet with the IMBY questions- how much for 1 mile south of Downtown Decatur GA???!!!  Will I be able to get home????!!  Will I survive?? !!

Just kidding...but seriously.

.50" of cold rain to 6" of snow to nothing at all. Still quite variable.

Back