• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

Storm5 said:
SD is warming up....
962e158c03f56edad98483d4de82914f.gif

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OMG I can't ????

tonysc said:
Shawn said:
Hey btw guys, post suggestions in the new site forum on how you want the site to look/behave. we are on a system now where much of it can happen.
To me Shawn, it would be great if the background color could be a medium color.....blue, grey or something like that. It makes it so much easier on the eyes than staring at a stark white background for hours. Just like what's going on right now with a potential storm on the horizon, we read these pages for hours on end it seems. A medium background color would be so much more pleasing to the eyes. Don't know how doable that might be but that's my suggestion. :heart:

Background meaning back ground behind the forum or the forum thread view?

So just to sort this out we have gfs, cmc, and gfs para now showing snow for my area. Euro and ukmet flurries?

Deltadog03 said:
I still favor the track to the south at the moment. We shall see if that changes. Ie it usually does. Lol. Nam looks more gfs like vs euro athe the moment
Not saying it's right, the GFS para shifted south as well

whatalife said:
06z PARA
a58dae2e0d0015c2580793ea9d5b1baa.jpg
35ea9b58c53e8332b0c5add7d0214185.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not saying that this thing comes north, but climo would argue against the rain/snow line being that far south. It has happened before and it will happen again. However, for those rooting for a more amped up storm closer to the coast, sadly, it will take many locations out of the game. I would love to see a board-wide dump, but someone will always be left out. At least we are not looking at the ZR accumulations that was modeled yesterday. One thing about miller A's, they have a small transition zone, unlike miller B's.

NWMSGuy said:
So any chance this will trend back to a mostly coastal low? 06Z GFS run yesterday and some of the Para was looking really sweet for the Mid-South/Memphis area. Looks like the brunt of the storm has been trending southward since then.
It will be a coastal low, good agreement with CMC and Euro. 12z GFS should be improved with the low placement. There could be some variations with the position of low... fluctuating between more of a southern track and more of a northern track.

NorthGAWinterWx said:
NWMSGuy said:
So any chance this will trend back to a mostly coastal low? 06Z GFS run yesterday and some of the Para was looking really sweet for the Mid-South/Memphis area. Looks like the brunt of the storm has been trending southward since then.
It will be a coastal low, good agreement with CMC and Euro. 12z GFS should be improved with the low placement. There could be some variations with the position of low... fluctuating between more of a southern track and more of a northern track.

Thanks for the info!

Cad Wedge NC said:
whatalife said:
06z PARA

Not saying that this thing comes north, but climo would argue against the rain/snow line being that far south. It has happened before and it will happen again. However, for those rooting for a more amped up storm closer to the coast, sadly, it will take many locations out of the game. I would love to see a board-wide dump, but someone will always be left out. At least we are not looking at the ZR accumulations that was modeled yesterday. One thing about miller A's, they have a small transition zone, unlike miller B's.

Just bc of people on the other board, I wish most of NC would get shut out.

I honestly think us upstate, NGA, through areas like Charlotte is going to get hammered pretty good. Models are looking pretty good for these areas to be in the zone, especially if it pulls back a bit NW.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

FLO said:
Cad Wedge NC said:
whatalife said:
06z PARA

Just bc of people on the other board, I wish most of NC would get shut out.

:s

NorthGAWinterWx said:
NWMSGuy said:
Totally agree +1

Bsudweather said:
I honestly think us upstate, NGA, through areas like Charlotte is going to get hammered pretty good. Models are looking pretty good for these areas to be in the zone, especially if it pulls back a bit NW.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I agree. If the system does get amp'ed up you will see if come more NW and put I-85 in the jack pot zone. Too amp'ed and we will see a warm nose up this way as well though.

Decent trend with the NAM. Going to need another good Euro run and we'll start to see the local mets bite.

Back