• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

accu35 said:
Tagat said:
James Spann ABC33/40:
snow-2-600x396.jpg

I think this is a good start and placement, i woud lower that winter storm graft one more county down, Clarke co?
I would bump it up a row or two

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

HixsonWX said:
Chattanooga's snow totals took a nosedive off a cliff  with this morning's GFS run... We had a ISU Meteogram average of 8 inches yesterday and now it is down to half an inch. :-(

Come on Northwest trend!

If this storm happens it will be horrible if we have to watch a flurry or 2  floating around while 30 miles to our south in Dalton, GA. they are getting slammed with snow. :mad:

Storm5 said:
accu35 said:
Tagat said:
James Spann ABC33/40:
snow-2-600x396.jpg

I think this is a good start and placement, i woud lower that winter storm graft one more county down, Clarke co?
I would bump it up a row or two

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yeah even on the day of the event if move the heaviest band 50-100 miles north.

Sounds like the NAM is looking better. Huffman said it is a trend in the right direction, juicier/more amped/further north with precip/moisture shield in 72-84 hour range than previous runs.

Uncle Nasty said:
HixsonWX said:
Chattanooga's snow totals took a nosedive off a cliff  with this morning's GFS run... We had a ISU Meteogram average of 8 inches yesterday and now it is down to half an inch. :-(

Come on Northwest trend!

If this storm happens it will be horrible if we have to watch a flurry or 2  floating around while 30 miles to our south in Dalton, GA. they are getting slammed with snow. :mad:

Yep...

I'm counting on you getting a big snow in Hixson. If so I'll be heading there to my daughter's home from southeast Mississippi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shawn said:
Hey btw guys, post suggestions in the new site forum on how you want the site to look/behave. we are on a system now where much of it can happen.
To me Shawn, it would be great if the background color could be a medium color.....blue, grey or something like that. It makes it so much easier on the eyes than staring at a stark white background for hours. Just like what's going on right now with a potential storm on the horizon, we read these pages for hours on end it seems. A medium background color would be so much more pleasing to the eyes. Don't know how doable that might be but that's my suggestion. :heart:

HixsonWX said:
Uncle Nasty said:
HixsonWX said:

Come on Northwest trend!

Yep...

Counting on you getting a good snow in Hixson so I can drive up to my daughter's home there Friday to enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the 12z 12km NAM...I use the 12km NAM cause I've seen good modeling before from it. Interacting with the GOM!
084dee3413079c3ea6dca71f5f135d89.jpg

I still favor the track to the south at the moment. We shall see if that changes. Ie it usually does. Lol. Nam looks more gfs like vs euro athe the moment

So any chance this will trend back to a mostly coastal low? 06Z GFS run yesterday and some of the Para was looking really sweet for the Mid-South/Memphis area. Looks like the brunt of the storm has been trending southward since then.

Back