• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

Shawn said:
FLO said:
Shawn said:
Deltadog03 said:
Nice trends overnight. Euro is basically meh for our state, but we shall see. Nice trends overnight for sure.

When all is said and done we will end up with IP/ZR.  If anything Wintry at all.  Sucks, I want a good Southern snow storm!

I am so confused. Just a few posts before this you said Cola is in the 4-6 inch range.

Just talking about weather with Delta.  I had just said the model put out 4-6 inches here if you take it at face value.

TWC is calling for 1-3 inches overnight Fri into Saturday morning. We will get nothing now. Besides, I want to see it fall. I get no joy out of it snowing while I sleep.

Brick, why do you keep copy and pasting our thoughts over here and vice versa with that other amwx forum! You're a jerk!

NorthGAWinterWx said:
Parker said:
James is on board and talking about how it could be a high impact event with temps going well below freezing Friday night.
Oh yay! Glad to see James having a more concern about this event now.

It's not like it's a CAT 5 cane.  2 days of lead time is plenty.   I don't get why some are so critical of pro mets.

Shawn said:
Brick, why do you keep copy and pasting our thoughts over here and vice versa with that other amwx forum!  You're a jerk!

Because not everyone visits both boards.  :huh:

FLO said:
Shawn said:
FLO said:
Shawn said:
Deltadog03 said:
Nice trends overnight. Euro is basically meh for our state, but we shall see. Nice trends overnight for sure.

When all is said and done we will end up with IP/ZR.  If anything Wintry at all.  Sucks, I want a good Southern snow storm!

I am so confused. Just a few posts before this you said Cola is in the 4-6 inch range.

Just talking about weather with Delta.  I had just said the model put out 4-6 inches here if you take it at face value.

TWC is calling for 1-3 inches overnight Fri into Saturday morning. We will get nothing now. Besides, I want to see it fall. I get no joy out of it snowing while I sleep.

Then stay up! Can't complain about when it snows as long as it does lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLO said:
Shawn said:
FLO said:
Shawn said:
Deltadog03 said:

You do know that TWC forecasts are like "nice worded" versions of the raw GFS data?   It sucks, but your local TWC forecast is a compute rmodel.

Brick Tamland said:
Shawn said:
Brick, why do you keep copy and pasting our thoughts over here and vice versa with that other amwx forum!  You're a jerk!

I am almost sure you are the best troll to ever live on the internet.  I'm not talking mean to you or anything.. but you're epic Brick.

I am thinking 2" average for B'ham..not really sure where the sweet spot will be, I could see a little south of town, but also a little north of town due to higher ratios, perhaps right over Bham metro. But for now, I think 2" is a good average number.

Can someone post the individual ensemble member snow totals from the 6z GEFS please? Thanks!

Shawn said:
Brick Tamland said:
Shawn said:

I am almost sure you are the best troll to ever live on the internet.  I'm not talking mean to you or anything.. but you're epic Brick.

Huh? I am not trying to troll anyone. I just like discussing things and sharing info with others. Not everyone visits both boards. Just trying to participate.

Brick Tamland said:
Shawn said:
Brick Tamland said:
Shawn said:

Huh? I am not trying to troll anyone. I just like discussing things and sharing info with others. Not everyone visits both boards. Just trying to participate.
You are fine...

Anyway back to the weather. I am pretty shocked with the Euro but the CMC is on board....weird having no ensemble support

James Spann ABC33/40:
snow-2-600x396.jpg

SD said:
Anyway back to the weather. I am pretty shocked with the Euro but the CMC is on board....weird having no ensemble support

No ensemble support stinks and maybe Euro bias overamping....  however, with that said all models show some southern system and no cutters, no worries (just yet)

Btw I know she's blowing a kiss (avatar) but it almost looks like she throwing us the bird hahaha

SD said:

Greathe run for yall. I'm hoping for yall for sure. It is weird to have no eps support.

Back