• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

Euro and GFS seem to be flip flopping with each other. Seen that before.

Will we be able to see members locations at some point? I think your in NC SD?

We need to give our TN, ARK, TX, MS posters more love btw.

Wildboutsnow said:
Will we be able to see members locations at some point? I think your in NC SD?

You have to edit your profile again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member locations work out of the box, just need to be updated in user's profiles. Easy enough to do. When we merged the forum over to this new system, it didn't automatically bring the locations over because on the old side, we had to modify the system to make it work.

Hey btw guys, post suggestions in the new site forum on how you want the site to look/behave. we are on a system now where much of it can happen.

Spanarkle08 said:
Wow...west tn gets nothing...as usual

Hopefully we can get good trends today it's been bad news since last night. We've only got one good storm in the past several years.

I really don't think any model has a lock about this system yet and may not until 48 hours before the event. It still has not been sampled yet and that could change things in a big way when it is (may not too)

Going with the latest Euro and CMC, the low is too far south on the GFS. Atm, we have best model agreement with the CMC, Euro and even the UKMET, showing that the low will stay closer to the Gulf coast. We are still looking at a significant winter storm here.

Every time I reply I get subscribed to the thread automatically, and I don't see anywhere in the control panel to change that.

SD said:
bhs1975 said:
SD said:
I see you euro...

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

What's it showing?

Smash town....10-12. I nearly fell out of bed

hahahaha well with how early you went to sleep I'd assume you almost feel out reachin for your dentures or trying to get up to change your wet depends

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

0z UKMET, low just off of the SE coast
aa8f4ed7d721644fe041050876612ab2.jpg

Hi all. I've been following these winter events for several years with you guys and have learned a lot. I thought I'd interject a comment while all is quiet, since I really don't contribute to the discussion. My take away is that I have noticed the way the models work, typically it's a wintery threat a week out, then the threat diminishes if not goes away in the 3-4 day range, then comes back to the original idea (amount wise) 48 hours out, and then lastly, the NW shift. So far, PBP the past few days has followed this to a T. So, today - tomorrow I look for totals to begin ramping back up. Here's to a big thump of snow for all!

Storm5 said:
SD said:
bhs1975 said:
SD said:
I see you euro...

What's it showing?

Smash town....10-12. I nearly fell out of bed

hahahaha well with how early you went to sleep I'd assume you almost feel out reachin for your dentures or trying to get up to change your wet depends

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Haters going to hate. I have a conference call at 8 I didn't want to blabber like an idiot I haven't been here in 2 weeks

06z GFS is faster with the mositure...its showing the snow will be gone by Sat. evening across north Georgia. Which snow events don't normally last over a day or so here. It needs to slow down a bit but not too much. We should get at least 12 hrs of snowfall with this event...or even up to 15 hrs.

06z GFS still has some surface temp issues around ATL towards the end of precip Saturday afternoon, but not nearly as bad as 0z

Back