• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

FLO said:
Cad Wedge NC said:
whatalife said:
06z PARA
a58dae2e0d0015c2580793ea9d5b1baa.jpg
35ea9b58c53e8332b0c5add7d0214185.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not saying that this thing comes north, but climo would argue against the rain/snow line being that far south. It has happened before and it will happen again. However, for those rooting for a more amped up storm closer to the coast, sadly, it will take many locations out of the game. I would love to see a board-wide dump, but someone will always be left out. At least we are not looking at the ZR accumulations that was modeled yesterday. One thing about miller A's, they have a small transition zone, unlike miller B's.

Just bc of people on the other board, I wish most of NC would get shut out.
Excuse me.... I have been on this board for quite a while, thank you. Comments like that will get you a lengthy time-out.

Cad Wedge NC said:
FLO said:
Cad Wedge NC said:
whatalife said:
06z PARA

Not saying that this thing comes north, but climo would argue against the rain/snow line being that far south. It has happened before and it will happen again. However, for those rooting for a more amped up storm closer to the coast, sadly, it will take many locations out of the game. I would love to see a board-wide dump, but someone will always be left out. At least we are not looking at the ZR accumulations that was modeled yesterday. One thing about miller A's, they have a small transition zone, unlike miller B's.

Excuse me.... I have been on this board for quite a while, thank you. Comments like that will get you a lengthy time-out.

I concur.

By the way, I seemed to have accidentally subscribed to this thread and get an email for each reply. How do you turn that off?

SnowFlowXXL said:
Shawn throwing that shade on the other board lmao love it

Not my fault!   

I just wanted to tell everyone from the CAE area that the NWS introduced snow into the official forecast and while I'm not sure of the ptype or amounts, the Euro shifting a bit gives more credence to a Winter WX event as a whole. They can go ---- off if they want to delete that post.

FLO said:
Cad Wedge NC said:
whatalife said:

Don't let them give all of us a bad name.

The good thing that there will be a low in the gulf, rather it's further or closer to the coast, we all would still see a good impact. Even if it came closer to the coast MBY will still look good if the cold is right on time

accu35 said:
The good thing that there will be a low in the gulf, rather it's further or closer to the coast, we all would still see a good impact. Even if it came closer to the coast MBY will still look good if the cold is right on time

Lol, did this encourage anyone

Not saying that this thing comes north, but climo would argue against the rain/snow line being that far south. It has happened before and it will happen again. However, for those rooting for a more amped up storm closer to the coast, sadly, it will take many locations out of the game. I would love to see a board-wide dump, but someone will always be left out. At least we are not looking at the ZR accumulations that was modeled yesterday. One thing about miller A's, they have a small transition zone, unlike miller B's.

You definitely bring up some important points and concerns I've had in the back of my mind since yesterday when I noticed ECMWF/UKMET/CMC suites trending stronger with the energy out west and deeper/further SE with the disturbance over the Great lakes ~ day 4. I definitely think areas along/south and east of the I-85 corridor from Raleigh-Durham-Greensboro-Charlotte and Greenville-Spartanburg definitely have to keep this in the back of their mind going forward as a more amplified system would take areas well southeast of here out of the core of the storm and put DC-BAL-PHL-NYC-BOS into it... That's definitely a very legitimate scenario given the climatology, historical trends in guidance in short-medium range, and what we've seen of late with this system. If there was to be a significant shift in the track and amplitude of this storm, I personally favor a more amplified/further NW solution panning out as opposed to suppressed/SE. We'll see though, although many here complained that our shortwave was phasing more with the northern stream over the west in the short range, it's probably a good thing this happened because a more amplified system like the 12z GFS yesterday showed emerging from the Rockies and even partially phasing with the northern stream would have been game-set-match for the mid-Atlantic & climatologically favored areas of the far western piedmont and mountains of NC. The fact that this isn't happening is keeping this interesting for areas further to the south & east.

Cad Wedge NC said:
FLO said:
Cad Wedge NC said:
whatalife said:
06z PARA

I can't get timeout from that board for something I say on this board.

Webberweather53 said:
Not saying that this thing comes north, but climo would argue against the rain/snow line being that far south. It has happened before and it will happen again. However, for those rooting for a more amped up storm closer to the coast, sadly, it will take many locations out of the game. I would love to see a board-wide dump, but someone will always be left out. At least we are not looking at the ZR accumulations that was modeled yesterday. One thing about miller A's, they have a small transition zone, unlike miller B's.

You definitely bring up some important points and concerns I've had in the back of my mind since yesterday when I noticed ECMWF/UKMET/CMC suites trending stronger with the energy out west and deeper/further SE with the disturbance over the Great lakes ~ day 4. I definitely think areas along/south and east of the I-85 corridor from Raleigh-Durham-Greensboro-Charlotte and Greenville-Spartanburg definitely have to keep this in the back of their mind going forward as a more amplified system would take areas well southeast of here out of the core of the storm and put DC-BAL-PHL-NYC-BOS into it... That's definitely a very legitimate scenario given the climatology, historical trends in guidance in short-medium range, and what we've seen of late with this system. If there was to be a significant shift in the track and amplitude of this storm, I personally favor a more amplified/further NW solution panning out as opposed to suppressed/SE. We'll see though, although many here complained that our shortwave was phasing more with the northern stream over the west in the short range, it's probably a good thing this happened because a more amplified system like the 12z GFS yesterday showed emerging from the Rockies and even partially phasing with the northern stream would have been game-set-match for the mid-Atlantic & climatologically favored areas of the far western piedmont and mountains of NC. The fact that this isn't happening is keeping this interesting for areas further to the south & east.

Nice read and I agree. I hope alot will be happy. I'm ready for nowcasting, that will tell it all over any models

Snowfan said:
Is that good or bad?

Probably bad. The NS is taking the energy from the system and we may have a run like the 00z or worse.

A full phase could occur but that'd just change everything entirely. It'd put much of us out of the hit-zone and some of us in.

Back