• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

Storm5 said:
metwannabe said:
Storm5 said:
18z gfs para crush job.... pound town

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Gives me 15"... I'm all in
99553182383a959cc117694eb03bc7f4.jpg

Hey storm how reliable is the para gfs ?

If the early returns on 0z are a trend...really looks like the Euro may have been out to lunch again on a system this winter...

I'm having a hard time getting excited over the 18z para given the changes in the 0z gfs. CMC and UK are encouraging, though. Can't wait to see GEFS and Doctor Maybe.

SnowFlowXXL said:
For N GA posters, every model tonight has given us atleast 2 inches.  This could be our best event since JAN 2011

I feeling a repeat of the 2011 storm. Very similar in my opinion

GFS solution lost credibility with me when it did its magic disappearing act with the high lol

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Why do I keep getting PMs for relies to this thread when I am not subscribed to it?

The UKMET phases with that aforementioned secondary NS disturbance ~96-110 HR over the Great Lakes... That's why the low starts to deepen and come northward along and just off the Carolina coast

HartselleWeather said:
Storm5 said:
metwannabe said:
Storm5 said:

second highest 500mb verification scores behind the euro

Benholio said:
I'm having a hard time getting excited over the 18z para given the changes in the 0z gfs. CMC and UK are encouraging, though. Can't wait to see GEFS and Doctor Maybe.
Para is superior vs the gfs op at H5. it's scores prove it

I'm still going with a blend of the CMC and GFS...and maybe the 0z Euro. I know I said I'll go with a blend of the Euro as well but the new data will be coming in. I don't think the low will be pushed that far south. Usually with GOM lows that give the southeastern states snow, normally go up the Eastern seaboard giving the Mid-Atlantic and the northeast a big snow.

Storm5 said:
HartselleWeather said:
Storm5 said:
metwannabe said:
Storm5 said:

second highest 500mb verification scores behind the euro

With this type setup the Ukie, followed closely by Euro in verification during this timeframe....really wished I could find that study.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Storm5 said:
Benholio said:
Para is superior vs the gfs op at H5. it's scores prove it

so is the para just the 18z version of the GFS... so the 0z para tomorrow could look like the 0z gfs tonight...

When it comes down to now casting then models won't matter except the short range models, which are the best

Interesting tidbit on the GFS Para.

http://blog.wright-weather.com/?p=1124

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back