• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

the run's not complete, it's only out to 108 but here's a snow map of it so far 
cmc_snow_acc_conus_19.png

metwannabe said:
CMC and Ukie bringing the goods, if the Euro does the same..... awwww the insanity. I love this stuff
I have a therapist on call in South Carolina

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

CMC not as cold as GFS...but its better than 12z run... The DOC will be interesting..

GFS setting up for the NW trend. Fine where it is at now to me. Canadian aND UK look good.

nam0806 said:
SimeonNC said:
I seriously doubt this will trend NW, congratulations to SC and Eastern NC though.

Once again, please explain why you don't think this will trend NW.

Because It looks like the overall pattern supports suppression more than a NW trend IMO. Hopefully, I'm wrong about that.

weatherfide said:
Surface temps may be a problem around Atlanta.

Yup... Here are the 2m temps for the duration of the event. Atlanta metro spends almost no time at or below freezing:

gfs_0z_2m_temps_105hr_120hr.png

CMC, don't quite care for. But the UKIE has my attention.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Storm5 said:
metwannabe said:
CMC and Ukie bringing the goods, if the Euro does the same..... awwww the insanity. I love this stuff

My rates go up during winter time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Storm5 said:
metwannabe said:
CMC and Ukie bringing the goods, if the Euro does the same..... awwww the insanity.  I love this stuff

Tell me that's her in your avatar, if so I'm headed south now.... Lol

Just based off what I've read about the ukie right now I will not be the least surprised if the Euro trends better tonight.

Benholio said:
weatherfide said:
Surface temps may be a problem around Atlanta.

Yup... Here are the 2m temps for the duration of the event. Atlanta metro spends almost no time at or below freezing:

gfs_0z_2m_temps_105hr_120hr.png

See, and I have an issue with that...not your post...lol  I think there will more cold air involved than its showing for sure.

Back