• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

Storm5 said:
Benholio said:
I'm having a hard time getting excited over the 18z para given the changes in the 0z gfs. CMC and UK are encouraging, though. Can't wait to see GEFS and Doctor Maybe.
Para is superior vs the gfs op at H5. it's scores prove it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

A good looking 0z para would be very encouraging.

If this low in the gulf was about 50-100 miles northward it would have been crushed town for a lot more people. That's my amateur opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bf8e48f2dad3b2b6e92d4dec3f52ea1a.png

Let me correct myself a bit, the GFS run doesn't lose the high but it never moves into a position to pump in CAD in the CAD areas. It's a little weird but it just totally stalls in the Midwest.

That may be causing the change in temps on this run.

time to see if GEFS thinks OP is out to lunch or not

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Sorry if this is a re-post but Kirk Mellish had some good thoughts on the model mayhem.

http://kirkmellish.blog.wsbradio.com/2017/01/02/cold-to-return-snow-odds-to-be-monitored/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UK hasn't backed down the last couple of days, and now seems to be showing an even bigger storm.

When the guests get blocked because of traffic volume, will the quote notifications be enabled?

Although the GFS solution of a stronger cut-off ULL is appearing less likely atm, there's definitely more than one way to produce a monster storm for the Carolinas and surrounding areas of the SE in this situation. This shortwave over the Great lakes ~ day 4 will provide another chink in the armor for the global models, and its this feature that the CMC and UKMET key in on and partially phase it with our feeble southern branch disturbance, hence produce huge hits for the Carolinas and VA. If they mishandle this system and it gets involved, then it's a whole new ball game...

UKMET for ex...

GZ_D5_PN_120_0000.gif

Brick Tamland said:
UK hasn't backed down the last couple of days, and now seems to be showing an even bigger storm.

Is there a map

NorthGAWinterWx said:
When the guests get blocked because of traffic volume, will the quote notifications be enabled?
it will be fixed tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back