• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

Thru 108
36be904c3495c98a7c5cd17ff98aaf69.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ForsythSnow link said:
[quote author=modelwatcher link=topic=80.msg7239#msg7239 date=1483381296]
GFS is an outlier right now. EURO is way closer to CMC
One side is going to cave. Just the question is which one?
[/quote]

GFS will. How often do we see a storm like that? We are in the euro's wheelhouse

modelwatcher link said:
The GFS says winter storm warning and the other models say a winter weather advisory. LOL

Im honestly just happy that both model camps have wintry weather in some way, shape, or form, it's usually akin to picking teeth to get them to agree on that alone

Surprised the Euro didn't give us a more UKMET look.  Hopefully the EPS will be decent.  OP's are still going to be all over the place at this range. 

Right now, I would say this is a 1 to 3 inch event for the Atlanta Metro. With the potential of 4 to 5 if more moisture gets involved than what the European is showing.

I'd almost rather have a weaker solution or for this to trend south some more because the GFS is really not that far from a bad ice storm.

ForsythSnow link said:
[quote author=modelwatcher link=topic=80.msg7239#msg7239 date=1483381296]
GFS is an outlier right now. EURO is way closer to CMC
One side is going to cave. Just the question is which one?
[/quote]
Could be both.... I am going with a compromise of the two. I believe we will see a stronger system than what the Euro is spitting out. However, I don't see the GFS winning either. Let's see what the ensembles have to show us.

FLO link said:
Oh well....it was fun while it lasted. For a few hours.  :eyeroll:

Lol, you still get snow though.  It's just not a massive, crippling, ridiculous sleet and ice storm per Euro.

A middle ground of the GFS & Euro as of now.. would me our area very happy.  Idk about Chris though.. it'd prob be ZR either way, will have to see.

Back