• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

tellicowx link said:
We are actually closer in time than 4 or 5 days, the key is the evolution out west which takes place earlier in the model runs

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
your right about that, things starts taking action sooner in the west

Just your casual 2.5-3 feet of snow in the Triad and Roxboro...

snku_acc.us_ma.png

RichardJacks link said:
This is a good place to be this far out...but I wouldn't be surprised if the accumulating snow winds up just north of Bham...still plenty of time though

Richard that is my fear, but I say ever year that we are bound to make it happen one day. I just bought my first house last week and would love to break it in with a good snow. I live for this stuff!

I told you guys it wouldn't cut, I'm loving this 12z!

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

whatalife link said:
[quote author=Deltadog03 link=topic=80.msg7058#msg7058 date=1483374183]
This run is scary for me down here..going to be an epic ZR fest...maybe some snow/sleet early...then to rain and then back to snow...Although, GFS never really gets me above 35...after being below freezing..
Very scary run for us Chris!

Agreed!!!  I would think that 2m temps will be even colder...heck our 850's don't get above 4 really.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/quote]

Ill take my 30+ inches and cash in. Thurs night, saturday and early mid next week. This has a chance to beat the 10 day stretch in Jan 2000 in central NC. Never thought Id even see that type of opportunity modeled again in my lifetime. This is the highest snowfall depth the GFS or any model as ever forecasted for MBY. 3 feet

SD link said:
ee6e5e068f2513d4e4c565618c731447.jpg

d69fb6dcfe0ccde38d02df4eea8302ef.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Atlanta Metro will literally be frozen all weekend. Good thing the Falcons have a bye in the playoffs

Now, as good as this run is.....its prob a bit too strong...prob over amplified...lets see what the euro says..lol

FLO link said:
[quote author=whatalife link=topic=80.msg7069#msg7069 date=1483374358]
[quote author=Deltadog03 link=topic=80.msg7058#msg7058 date=1483374183]
This run is scary for me down here..going to be an epic ZR fest...maybe some snow/sleet early...then to rain and then back to snow...Although, GFS never really gets me above 35...after being below freezing..
Very scary run for us Chris!

[/quote]

Yea needs to come back south. I want no part of ice. Sleet sure but not ice. Onto the Euro.....
[/quote]

I'd love for this to come a bit more south, but we're in the game, per se'.  That's all you can ask for at this moment.  I believe a lot of that could be sleet for our area, too.  Someone correct me, if I'm wrong.  I live in the upper northwest area of Richland County, so I typically get a tad bit more snow versus other areas of Richland County.

CMC a much weaker solution...lol  Stil wintry one...not as good, but hey...its showing something.

Interesting battle here with how the interaction occurs between the Thursday wave and the main wave....less is more

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Back