• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/26-1/28 Winter Storm Potential

With a low positioned like that off the N.C. coast there would be a beautiful deform band that would set up but it’s not time to go more into mesoscale specifics, still long way to go

As stated yesterday, the evolution of this storm--as depicted on the current modeling--is somewhat similar to the Carolina Crusher 2000. Not saying it's an exact match or that this storm will be an exact duplicate. But if we have a storm, I'd expect a similar track with the highest snow totals toward the eastern Piedmont of NC, as in 2000.

Man, just too far east. Hope it trends back NW some. In a perfect world, it just explodes in size and hits everybody!

1. Don’t get pulled in to the snow maps! Just observe the trend. Which is fabulous. We can start talking snow when we get model consistency run to run.

2. I would imagine the NW precip ahield will be more broad. That’s the theme with these storms in general AND this year our systems have been really juiced up.

I would guess the bulls eye for South Carolina would be northeast of Columbia but south of I-85 based off euro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back