• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/20 - 1/23 Winter Storm

The last time I can recall being in the "bullseye" zone for a snowstorm 7 days out and it worked out was in February 2010. The other times (and there have been numerous) I've been in the bullseye 7 days or so out; it hasn't worked out.

I love the pattern and the energy in the atmosphere, but I've been burnt too many times lately in this scenario. Color me (extremely) cautiously optimistic.

The last time I can recall being in the "bullseye" zone for a snowstorm 7 days out and it worked out was in February 2010. The other times (and there have been numerous) I've been in the bullseye 7 days or so out; it hasn't worked out.

I love the pattern and the energy in the atmosphere, but I've been burnt too many times lately in this scenario. Color me (extremely) cautiously optimistic.
Yea I’m done with anything outside of 3 days. Been years and I mean years since we’ve seen snow modeled 7 days out

This setup is how we snow big in central and especially eastern NC for sure, gotta keep the pingers out of it or at least only deal with them for a few hrs.....back in Dec 2000 we had pingers at the height of the storm but I mean half dollar flakes and BB size pingers raining down with almost no vis was AWESOME lol.....I will take that anytime...this isnt fantasy range either inside of 7 days almost...just need that cold press to be legit.....the setup would give a good 3-5 days window for something to come along and give us a storm.

Keep in mind that the snow in the NE is from another system beforehand.
View attachment 105987
Which is so good, I’m more interested in this storm than the one occurring tonight and tomorrow it will be more snow and cold air to work with up there to bring down.

Back