• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/20 - 1/23 Winter Storm

That’s a good look and I agree we need to keep it that way a couple more days at least. We need to watch that kicker in upper Midwest, a little more separation and our storm goes boom
I just hope it doesn't amp up too early. Otherwise we could be looking at another Mid Atlantic/NE or Midsouth snowstorm, instead of a Central/Eastern Carolinas snowstorm. We need to keep it suppressed until about 48 hours out. As long as the storm singal is there, that's all I care about. Based on how this weekend storm has went, the next week storm will almost certain trend west and will be more amped as we get closer.

Last run, KFLO had .45 QPF. This run, they don’t even have 0.15 as a 24 hour total.

Until I see evidence that this thing can slow down and gather moisture, I’m not expecting more than an inch next weekend and that’s being generous.

There's the possibility of a secondary system late Friday/Saturday, and temps will be plenty cold for snow.

The GEFS seems mostly suppressed to me which is fine considering the way things have gone.

Not gonna mention the idea of it staying suppressed, but I will say that it seems like we might get the coldest weather we've seen in a few years late next week.

Back