• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/20 - 1/23 Winter Storm

39/38 here with rain, HRRR had us initializing at 40 at 2pm falling to 39 by 3pm (so on track). Most models along with local mets/NWS calling for around an inch (maybe higher) with the front tonight with 4”-6” for the second event Friday. Maybe a little too high, but we’ll see. Biggest possibility for major snowfall since Jan 2018 here.

Surface just isn't reflective for some reason.
Yeah it’s very confusing to say the least… you look at the H5 and it’s following all other trends of the day and continues to improve, but it and the Euro their just isn’t the surface reflection to match that. I’d hate to have to try and put a forecast package together with that

Whatever’s happening tonight just reeks of something models whiff on, frontogenesis magic

The surface map infatuation is getting to me here.... I literally just loaded bufkit's overview (the actual crappy Windows 95 type program) for my back yard way in CAE and even on the NAM the upper levels aren't far off.. and that's the "drier" NAM way back here..

Back