• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 01/28-29/2022 Winter Weather Potential

f7b4b870d8b2dd948c9e3b03a32e9e43.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f7b4b870d8b2dd948c9e3b03a32e9e43.jpg

The biggest thing that sticks out to me about those is that most seem to support the idea that the EURO has been showing for several days now of the upper trough induced back side for the Piedmont… there would likely be convective pockets within that with very intense rates… perhaps similar to February 2013

The biggest thing that sticks out to me about those is that most seem to support the idea that the EURO has been showing for several days now of the upper trough induced back side for the Piedmont… there would likely be convective pockets within that with very intense rates… perhaps similar to February 2013
Even the later phased members, have that band

Yup that’s what I’ve been interested in for the last couple days for us in the western part of the state. I wonder how well the RGEM is with upper troughs. Even the icon shows a back side snow band.

Honestly we’re just seeing the windsheild wiper effect atp on models, seeing ticks back and fourth, but I like the euro here in this setup, models are converging on the euro look. perhaps 1-2 for the Lee side band and a bit more in E/NE NC
I think that’s a reasonable expectation at this point, but we certainly need to watch the Hi-res to see if they start picking up on convection in that backside stuff

Honestly we’re just seeing the windsheild wiper effect atp on models, seeing ticks back and fourth, but I like the euro here in this setup, models are converging on the euro look. perhaps 1-2 for the Lee side band and a bit more in E/NE NC
Kind of. For central nc though the gfs and NAM’s from last night is what we needed. Stronger closed off energy with the low tucked right offshore. We are quickly losing any hope of that

Kind of. For central nc though the gfs and NAM’s from last night is what we needed. Stronger closed off energy with the low tucked right offshore. We are quickly losing any hope of that
With such a sensitive set up you can’t just look at one run and think it’s 100% the right answer .. windshield wiper effect is always happening especially for a storm more than 2 days away .. we’re not going to get a pants bursting run every 6 hours especially when the H5 can take small steps in any direction and cause major impacts .. we will bring you up from the cliff in 24 hours

With such a sensitive set up you can’t just look at one run and think it’s 100% the right answer .. windshield wiper effect is always happening especially for a storm more than 2 days away .. we’re not going to get a pants bursting run every 6 hours especially when the H5 can take small steps in any direction and cause major impacts .. we will bring you up from the cliff in 24 hours
last weds we saw something similar with trends east and i thought we had no shot, and then thurs and friday things trended back quickly.

I see why no one is talking about the GEM. It's downright terrible for winter weather. Little precipitation outside of the Outer Banks. Even NE North Carolina doesn't get a lot of snow on this run.

gem_apcpn_seus_14 (1).pngsn10_acc.us_ma (6).png

Back