• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 01/28-29/2022 Winter Weather Potential

This almost makes me think those CIPS analogs have some merit. This is a healthy accumulating snow band. Already looks like higher rates than our past storm but the catch is "warmer" temps meaning ratios would most likely be less than what we had then.

Yeah we would definitely deal with mixing issues but that track, strength verbatim would crash the column on exit and probably go pound town before completely shutting off.
Trying not to get excited, but that's a good NAM run considering what we've been seeing. If 18z gfs comes back we might have something to look at tomorrow after all. Certainly for the 0z suites

JB's take around lunch when he posted this. that is a heck of a trough
ecmwf_ensemble_c00_conus_z500_3436000.png

Unlike last week where there were many moving parts, this is the grand planetary wave bundling its energy. So my take is, like 93, like 2010, like 2018 and most recently the analogged storm in early Jan. the GFS is going to have to correct toward the euro, But we will see, Just thought I would weigh in here
In the longer term what a war The Euro looks nothing like its weeklies by what is now day 15, The models are threatening Feb 2021. So if you enjoy the weather, this is the kind of pattern you like to get

Back