• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry ❄The Christmas Miracle❄(12-24/12-25)

I could see more with this look That’s some
Impressive UL energy View attachment 59792got a classic lee trough to boot View attachment 59794
Also got moist 700s to boot, along with very very steep low level lapse rates (8-8.5C), and temps still around freezing for many View attachment 59795View attachment 59796View attachment 59797
Needs to keep trending in the right direction! I don't think we should get our hopes up yet until the event is within 18 hours. Long range HRRR and RAP is kind of like long range nam

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I have to be honest. I didn't think this thread would be used at all at this time a couple days ago. Heck even yesterday lol

I could see more with this look ??‍♂️ That’s some
Impressive UL energy View attachment 59792got a classic lee trough to boot View attachment 59794
Also got moist 700s to boot, along with very very steep low level lapse rates (8-8.5C), and temps still around freezing for many View attachment 59795View attachment 59796View attachment 59797
With those 850s being that low, any snow that falls would likely be very dry and fluffy, so an area that gets under any of those bands could get quick coating to an inch because you simply don’t need as much moisture. Back in the mid 2000s there was a quick convective burst of snow that went through the Raleigh area that put down 1.5 inches of snow with only .04 liquid equivalent.

With those 850s being that low, any snow that falls would likely be very dry and fluffy, so an area that gets under any of those bands could get quick coating to an inch because you simply don’t need as much moisture. Back in the mid 2000s there was a quick convective burst of snow that went through the Raleigh area that put down 1.5 inches of snow with only .04 liquid equivalent.
Those ratios may be crazy

Back