• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry ❄The Christmas Miracle❄(12-24/12-25)

I think everyone needs to take a deep breath for a second and remember a few things.

We aren't all from the same place these setups generally do favor Tn/NAl/NGa they have historically done well.

A few flurries or a snow shower is legitimately exciting and some people are looking forward to it.

Someone saying it looks like not much for their area doesn't mean it's bad for your area

The COD maps stink do not use.

Some of these snow maps are showing .1-.2 of snow that's literally just a few flurries. Don't let the pretty map colors fool you

This setup isn't going to give widespread flurries and snow. It's more likely we get some west to east oriented streamers. You want to be under one but you might not be

Last edited:
The problem is that everyone knows how difficult it is to get snow out of a set-up like this. So, instead of yelling at everyone about why it will not snow, tell them what has to happen in order for them to get something more substantial. That's what folks want to know. Trends....

Everyone on this board should already know what needs to happen to get something more substantial in the SE. This is in no way, shape, or form one of those setups. And not once did I yell, I put caps on for two words only to emphasize my point. Trust me, when we get a legitimate setup, I will be happier than a tornado in a trailer park. The trends are pointing to a mountain event. The rest of us will rely on luck and the probability of being under one of those rouge flurry bands. This will not be a "surprise event" where someone outside the higher elevations get 4 inches of snow. Yes, it sucks. But welcome to climatology in the south.

Last edited:
I think everyone needs to take a deep breath for a second and remember a few things.

We aren't all from the same place these setups generally do favor Tn/NAl/NGa they have historically done well.

A few flurries or a snow shower is legitimately exciting and some people are looking forward to it.

Someone saying it looks like not much for their area doesn't mean it's bad for your area

Some of these snow maps are showing .1-.2 of snow that's literally just a few flurries. Don't let the pretty map colors fool you

This setup isn't going to give widespread flurries and snow. It's more likely we get some west to east oriented streamers. You want to be under one but you might not be
Theres 2 different areas of energy of interest, the first one is for the more western part, with the ULL, areas west of the mountains favor off this 4989F170-B4BC-48D3-968D-26A78ECE8724.pnghonestly the one I’m more interested in for NC/SC is this second vorticity max that spirals down 20FE16EA-D703-4DA5-A8D4-314142570A42.png

I understand the excitement of the possibility of flurries and snow showers on Christmas in the SE but don't get fooled by these "trends" (few models support accumulating snowfall). And these snowfall maps. Yes, some of us will see some flurries but this WILL NOT be a big deal. They will be novelty flakes for most of us. I am more interested in the upcoming pattern than I am about Christmas, TBH. Again, the cold on Christmas Day will be a much bigger story than snow. Unless you're in Buffalo or the mountains of E. TN or NC, that is. I know, I am being a 'Debbie Downer' but let's really try and be realistic about this.
Sure for you, the cold may be a bigger story, but for others (including myself), the potential snow will be. This isn't an objective observation, its different for each person.

Honestly the only reason I'm still invested, I'm hoping against hope we get a quick snowband sweep in to give us a nice snow shower to look at. My 6 yr old nephew will probably be excited to see a snowflake regardless. lol

Theres 2 different areas of energy of interest, the first one is for the more western part, with the ULL, areas west of the mountains favor off this View attachment 59517honestly the one I’m more interested in for NC/SC is this second vorticity max that spirals down View attachment 59516
Nice pick up hopefully it can get in before the better moisture gets out

Honestly the only reason I'm still invested, I'm hoping against hope we get a quick snowband sweep in to give us a nice snow shower to look at. My 6 yr old nephew will probably be excited to see a snowflake regardless. lol
Yeah I mean any snow on or near Christmas is awesome. I'd take 16 minutes of Flurries

Hrrr might be on to something here with that as it has generally done well with these shallow snow shower setups, it’s not much different at H5 vs other models but given its better res, it’s like able to sniff stuff like that out, which makes me perk my ears up to the East 851D44E6-D624-4705-A8CE-B7C34DF2A3A1.pngB6162AC6-DCE9-487E-9A06-AC15428B2D2E.png

Hrrr might be on to something here with that as it has generally done well with these shallow snow shower setups, it’s not much different at H5 vs other models but given its better res, it’s like able to sniff stuff like that out, which makes me perk my ears up to the East View attachment 59528View attachment 59529
See it already hates me its giving me the bird #downslopecity

Back