• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry ❄The Christmas Miracle❄(12-24/12-25)

GEFSSE_prec_snens_084.png
The stripes of “snow” oriented SW/NE make it pretty clear the flaws in these CoD ensemble member maps, using the P-type at the end of every 6 hr segment to define the P-type for the entire 6 hr segment. In this setup with temperatures crashing after the cold front as precip ends, these maps are useless, as a result. There’s nothing wrong with the GEFS itself. Most of these GEFS ensemble members are showing little, if any, snow.

Even this is out to lunch imo, GEFS is likely to bullish with this setup, I don’t even know why it’s still being posted for the anafront itself on COD, the meso models don’t even show that much like GEFS on COD does, imo I’d be more excited over the clipper, those COD maps should be getting deleted as there basically misinformation
There’s gonna be snowflakes for several people, that’s enough as it is 1B9E0F82-D51B-4369-9A50-1310E0FCE4C2.png

Even this is out to lunch imo, GEFS is likely to bullish with this setup, I don’t even know why it’s still being posted for the anafront itself on COD, the meso models don’t even show that much, imo I’d be more excited over the clipper, those COD maps should be getting deleted as there basically misinformation View attachment 59502
Haven't hired independent fact checkers yet

I wish people would stop posting COD GEFS maps as they are complete garbage
COD maps work in other situations but have been known to stink with analfronts, honestly they should be deleted on spot here, because there is some folks that just lurk and might take it 100% serious

I understand the excitement of the possibility of flurries and snow showers on Christmas in the SE but don't get fooled by these "trends" (few models support accumulating snowfall). And these snowfall maps. Yes, some of us will see some flurries but this WILL NOT be a big deal. They will be novelty flakes for most of us. I am more interested in the upcoming pattern than I am about Christmas, TBH. Again, the cold on Christmas Day will be a much bigger story than snow. Unless you're in Buffalo or the mountains of E. TN or NC, that is. I know, I am being a 'Debbie Downer' but let's really try and be realistic about this.

I understand the excitement of the possibility of flurries and snow showers on Christmas in the SE but don't get fooled by these "trends" (few models support accumulating snowfall). And these snowfall maps. Yes, some of us will see some flurries but this WILL NOT be a big deal. They will be novelty flakes for most of us. I am more interested in the upcoming pattern than I am about Christmas, TBH. Again, the cold on Christmas Day will be a much bigger story than snow. Unless you're in Buffalo or the mountains of E. TN or NC, that is. I know, I am being a 'Debbie Downer' but let's really try and be realistic about this.
No one said it was a big deal. If we can get a dusting or even an 1” like the NWS said we could in my area I’ll be like a kid on Christmas (eve)

Back