• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry ❄The Christmas Miracle❄(12-24/12-25)

I am holding out hope to see a few flakes but probably will not since I am not willing to stay up to the wee hours of the morning to see a few flurries even if it is Xmas. Now where's the eggnog.
You most likely will see some snow showers/flurries in Asheville!

Man, I was so hoping to be wrong about this storm. But like I originally thought and posted- this just isn’t our storm. It’s been since a crappy year and I thought maybe, just maybe we’d have a Christmas miracle. And as quickly as it started showing up in modeling it got yanked away just as quickly. Always seems to happen during this timeframe too. Winter is far from over and I’m sure we will get more shots down the road. This just isn’t one of them. Unless you live in the mountains or up north- that is. Maybe things will shift again but I’m not letting my hopes up, at all. Lol. It’s too difficult to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, it looks to me like the most likely scenario is we here in N Georgia get a fair bit of rain late the 23rd into the 24th, followed by pretty bitter cold on Christmas Day. Maybe flurries, probably no big snows. But what about ice on the roads, will that be a concern if really cold air follows rain? James Spann mentioned this morning that, at least over in Alabama, low dew points would dry everything quickly and ice wouldn’t be a concern. I’m planning to go to midnight mass for Christmas and am a little worried about potentially driving home at 2am with icy roads. Do all you knowledgable folks think that ice might be a concern for Christmas travellers?

So, it looks to me like the most likely scenario is we here in N Georgia get a fair bit of rain late the 23rd into the 24th, followed by pretty bitter cold on Christmas Day. Maybe flurries, probably no big snows. But what about ice on the roads, will that be a concern if really cold air follows rain? James Spann mentioned this morning that, at least over in Alabama, low dew points would dry everything quickly and ice wouldn’t be a concern. I’m planning to go to midnight mass for Christmas and am a little worried about potentially driving home at 2am with icy roads. Do all you knowledgable folks think that ice might be a concern for Christmas travellers?
Should be a fair amount of wind and increasingly low dew points to get dry the roads. Places that pond could freeze I suppose but we arent overly cold over the next few days so the road sfc should be fairly warm

I don’t know about you all, but I’ve always said you’ve gotta wait for the WRF to come into range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back