• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry ❄The Christmas Miracle❄(12-24/12-25)

What has happened to me COLD AIR? The other day GFS had me Christmas Day @ Hi 19 Low of 10..... Now looks like I want even get down into the teens at all?

Thursday
Rain. Highs In The Upper 50s. Chance Of Rain
90 Percent.

Thursday Night
Rain In The Evening, Then Rain Likely With A
Chance Of Snow After Midnight
. Lows Around 30. Chance Of
Precipitation 90 Percent.

Christmas Day
Mostly Sunny With A Chance Of Rain Showers. A
Chance Of Snow In The Morning, Then A Chance Of Snow Showers In
The Afternoon.
Much Cooler. Near Steady Temperature In The Lower
30s. Chance Of Precipitation 50 Percent.

Friday Night And Saturday
Mostly Clear. Lows in the lower 20s
Highs In The Lower 40s.
The 6z was the coldest run yet, I didn't look at 0z. That forecast seems more similar to the Euro but even warmer than it

The 6z was the coldest run yet, I didn't look at 0z. That forecast seems more similar to the Euro but even warmer than it
To add to this it looks likely we still get the cold but it's just pushed back. Our coldest night might very well be Saturday into Sunday areas west of us might be Friday into Saturday. Still wouldn't be surprised to see a decent amount of upper teens Sunday morning but I might be chasing waterfalls

View attachment 58960

Euro to me is likely squeezing out some flurries and light snow showers Christmas morning into the afternoon as temps crash aloft and sfc temps cool. Reminds me a bit of the early December system but possibly a little more widespread
That’s a good point. Snow growth region will be much lower than usual with those very cold 850’s.

That’s a good point. Snow growth region will be much lower than usual with those very cold 850’s.
Euro brings in a pocket of ridiculous 850s. This set up seems to really work well for Tn/Al/Ga and obviously the mountains. East of the apps it's usually hit or miss
850th.us_ma.png

In a perfect world we would find a way to get this energy a few hundred miles south tracking from southern Ms and exitingnear CHS but that probably ain't happeningfloop-ecmwf_full-2020122000.500hv.us_ma (1).gif

Back