• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Tropical Depression Four

CMC has the same weak system but steers it into Florida

No wonder
89b778c97c9fa98dfd70f8a308664580.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big spread on the 12z gefs . Of course this is all post day 11 and most are turning NE
62a60a53830c6077b5c52de0856fa092.png

I'm still not yet that worried about a potential deep SE US hit (say MYR south) based on the recent pattern of troughiness, the more reliable model consensus (that excludes the Crazy Uncle CMC), and the longterm climo of few hits in July despite the average recurving latitude being pretty far north and recurving longitude being pretty far west in July as noted by Eric. But I'm still watching.

Be that as it may, the 12 Euro as of day 3.5 is further south and stronger vs the 0Z Euro, 12Z GFS, and 12Z CMC fwiw. Also, the 12 UKMET gets it to the NE Caribbean. That is one of the more reliable models.

I'm still not yet that worried about a potential deep SE US hit (say MYR south) based on the recent pattern of troughiness, the more reliable model consensus (that excludes the Crazy Uncle CMC), and the longterm climo of few hits in July despite the average recurving latitude being pretty far north and recurving longitude being pretty far west in July as noted by Eric. But I'm still watching.

I agree. I still say this favors a recurve . Now could it get to close for comfort ? Of course it could. Good news is it's almost unanimous that this is gonna be a slow process regardless of track . It was nice seeing the Gfs come back to reality with strength

By day 9 the ridge has set up shop and its being forced west extremely slowly . More of a stall Well, what's left of it
2cede9b59cef80e37b9084e0d887e366.png

Back