• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Potential Tropical Cyclone Ten

You can see on that loop it's trying to wrap up toward the end.

Looks line recon is still scheduled for today?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yes and like I just said in response to FS - it is very tropical here today ... o_O

Certainly looks like something isn't too far off.
vis0-lalo.gif

Here's the description of the Recon schedule

WEATHER RECONNAISSANCE FLIGHTS
CARCAH, NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER, MIAMI, FL.
1215 PM EDT SAT 26 AUGUST 2017
SUBJECT: TROPICAL CYCLONE PLAN OF THE DAY (TCPOD)
VALID 27/1100Z TO 28/1100Z AUGUST 2017
TCPOD NUMBER.....17-087

I. ATLANTIC REQUIREMENTS
1. SUSPECT AREA (NEAR SOUTHEAST U.S. COAST)
FLIGHT ONE -- TEAL 71 FLIGHT TWO -- TEAL 72
A. 27/1800Z A. 28/1130Z,1730Z
B AFXXX 01DDA INVEST B. AFXXX 0210A CYCLONE
C. 27/1630Z C. 28/0930Z
D. 31.0N 81.0W D. 32.0N 80.5W
E. 27/1730Z TO 27/2230Z E. 28/1100Z TO 28/1730Z
F. SFC TO 10,000 FT F. SFC TO 10,000 FT

2. SUCCEEDING DAY OUTLOOK: CONTINUE 6-HRLY FIXES IF SYSTEM
DEVELOPS.
3. REMARK: ALL REMAINING TASKED REQUIREMENTS FOR HURRICANE HARVEY
CANCELED BY NHC AT 26/0310Z.

The storm may become more heavily weighted on its northwestern side as it becomes increasingly baroclinic (w/ vortex tending to tilt northwestward w/ height towards lower heights/cooler air) as interacts with a s/w over the Ohio Valley & there's a strong cold air damming wedge in place across much of the state that will provide a focus for isentropic lift to the north & northwest of the storm and as we all know, NWP often mishandles (under represents) precipitation in this kind of setup...
View attachment 929
Agreed to me it looks like a decent left of track heavy rain setup. I have a hard time buying all the precip being pinned to the coast with a deep southerly flow on the east side of the system that gets wrapped into our area.

4d05f101f996e326758f84dbc0dc18ec.jpg

Then the 12z happened what's 6 inches difference
6bd0d43d06a99ec03bc2e740cc4fb0df.jpg

That's what she said! :)
I hope you get some rain! I've given up hope on Harvey rains, and these offshore the coast storms or even a few miles inland, NEVER produce rain back here

The storm may become more heavily weighted on its northwestern side as it becomes increasingly baroclinic (w/ vortex tending to tilt northwestward w/ height towards lower heights/cooler air) as interacts with a s/w over the Ohio Valley & there's a strong cold air damming wedge in place across much of the state that will provide a focus for isentropic lift to the north & northwest of the storm and as we all know, NWP often mishandles (under represents) precipitation in this kind of setup...
View attachment 929
Webber, please be right! If this forms of GA coast and develops fairly quickly, my back yard, would be in a SE fetch, and that could get us some ok rains up here! When they are due East of me off the NC coast, we only get subsidence! I have a glimmer of hope! It's kind of like a winter storm around here, you've lost all hope, then you see an HRRR run that gives you a deathband, and it's game back on! :)

Gonna be some local mets in the Carolinasscrambling to explain all the rain a lot of people could possibly get! All the focus has been on Harvey, and I've got a 10% chance of rain through Thursday, as of now! Any rain for me would be a complete surprise ! This is like Summer edition of Bricks Carolina Crusher! :)

The Euro remains unimpressed. No real development until it gets just east of ILM then toward the OBX.

Pinned the thread and turned live thread on, not sure we will be seeing posts as rapidly as we did in the Harvey thread but there are a lot of posters here from the Carolinas and Ga

Back