• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what Webber is saying is that the low that is west of Irma is a TUTT (tropical upper tropospheric trough). Depending on what will occur with the TUTT, this will have an effect of the track of Irma. This weekend, both the TUTT and Irma will interact. I doubt that there will be a significant track change from it's WSW trajectory. Positive feedback and PVs in the downstream flow may break down the TUTT.

Even if the TUTT breaks down, I still don't think Irma will gain latitude before the islands due to the Atlantic ridge and the trough that will be over the east. That trough that will be over the east is still a big question rather or not it will lift before Irma gets closer to the EC if it does.

-Don

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

145752_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Always interesting tidbits in the discussions...

Thereafter, the ridge builds southwestward, which will likely cause
the storm to move, somewhat unusually, toward the west-southwest.
The official forecast puts more weight on the global models than the
regional hurricane models, which appear to have a northward bias on
this cycle.

That 00z EPS mean map that Eric posted is very similar to the track by another certain storm that started with an H in the late 80's. Especially as it made the turn towards the USA.

Premature to say, but scary!

That 00z EPS mean map that Eric posted is very similar to the track by another certain storm that started with an H in the late 80's. Especially as it made the turn towards the USA.

Premature to say, but scary!

Not premature on here to discuss it but any guesses as too how long before that gets thrown out there to joe public.... wagers anyone?

Not premature on here to discuss it but any guesses as too how long before that gets thrown out there to joe public.... wagers anyone?
The 500mb setup is different of course. there was an ULL low sitting over the northern gulf/se states though.. like some of the forecast maps are showing... which made me think about it and compare it.

The 500mb setup is different of course. there was an ULL low sitting over the northern gulf/se states though.. like some of the forecast maps are showing... which made me think about it and compare it.

Do the latest EURO show a ULL Sitting over the northern gulf and SE around the time this storm is moving in??

Do the latest EURO show a ULL Sitting over the northern gulf and SE around the time this storm is moving in??

I shouldnt have said anything tbh, its too far out for anything specific like that. We aren't even sure where the SW jog is going to end up putting the system. The EPS mean was ominous towards the end of the run in regards to the mean track, but a lot of storms have done that and actually totally missed the United States. The big storm I alluded to, started out furtther South and never did take a SW jog like this one is forecast to do.

I shouldnt have said anything tbh, its too far out for anything specific like that. We aren't even sure where the SW jog is going to end up putting the system. The EPS mean was ominous towards the end of the run in regards to the mean track, but a lot of storms have done that and actually totally missed the United States. The big storm I alluded to, started out furtther South and never did take a SW jog like this one is forecast to do.
Meh I think it's fine to make comparisons and/or discuss past storms no matter how remote it may be, as I mentioned, on here... you just know somebody out there that loves hype will start talking doom and gloom to the public soon that's all I was alluding too.
And Larry great research/analysis as always.... it does show just how rare this would be, of course the concerning thing with that to me is this: the storm of 1893 was actually just north of 20N at 50W, the official track of Irma still has it south of 20N at 50W. Just something I noticed

Meh I think it's find to make comparisons and/or discuss past storms no matter how remote it maybe, as I mentioned, on here... you just know somebody out there that loves hype will start talking doom and gloom to the public soon that's all I was alluding too.
And Larry great research/analysis as always.... it does show just how rare this would be, of course the concerning thing with that to me is this: the storm of 1893 was actually just north of 20N at 50W, the official track of Irma still has it south of 20N at 50W. Just something I noticed
If I may ... This is precisely the sort of discussion that prompts return visits ... among other good things ... :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back