• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Euro speeding things up a little and possibly threatening the Islands Tuesday.... also its moving due west at this hour
ecmwf_mslpa_atl_7.png
Thisbrun won't end well I think. Unless it goes straight through the islands. That through looks like it will go north of the system. Next frame looks like it's headed for the islands.

This model watching is fun, even if no snow is involved! Who's staying up for the Euro? :)
What's the K name??

I think it still gets a window of opportunity to recurve ots but it's gonna pay a visit to the Bahamas first and again the EC pucker meter is going up

Trough is weak this run, the Gulf low doesn't even get picked up, it looks like it's trying to maybe miss at 240 hours though, really slows to a crawl in the Bahamas

Well, that was an interesting 12z Euro run. As Irma is making it's way closer to the US, it pushes that wave down in the GOM. The trough does lift as Irma makes it's way closer to the US as well which is opening the doors for Irma.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Everybody's favorite met, JB, has a FB post that says the SW jog of Irma, could lead to Ike - like strengthening!

Oh boy
47bce274ea9872773dbbeccf60f9dcda.gif

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I don't like to hype up the tropics, but if this solution occur we could be dealing with another Hugo situation along the SE coast somewhere!! Over the last couple of years I notice its like a guard is along the East Coast that don't allow Hurricanes to come on shore!!

Oh boy
47bce274ea9872773dbbeccf60f9dcda.gif

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
That's weird run! It just leaves the gulf " disturbance " in the same area for awhile, then just drops it south, the trough misses it and misses Irmo, to let it smash Florida! :(

And if you look at the overall pressures around it, they are lower than normal. I would say there is a shot it could get really strong.

He has nearly 40k followers, this will get re-tweeted like crazy, not too mention the air time he will get..... this may eventually be the case (and certainly may not) but it is just irresponsible to post this crap imo
Capture.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back