• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Magnificent March

The GFS is on board with yet another opportunity for wintry weather late this weekend... In any case if we see anything at all it’ll be icing on the cake

Looks like there could be some snow falling here tomorrow morning, but not really any accumulation. Still, anything falling this time of year is pretty cool.

For those of you still interested in winter, just heard on the radio that there might be some rain/snow mixing around Boone for later into tomorrow morning, not accumulating snow, but still snow nonetheless. Winter is not giving up.

For those of you still interested in winter, just heard on the radio that there might be some rain/snow mixing around Boone for later into tomorrow morning, not accumulating snow, but still snow nonetheless. Winter is not giving up.
I think you are a little bit behind... They are under a winter storm warning.

For some odd reason March 25th (which will be this Sunday) is a very popular day on the calendar in late March for delivering a substantial winter storm for central NC. There's been at least 5 sizable events here in the last several decades or so
March 24-25 1940 NC Snowmap.png
March 25-26 1971 NC Snow map.png

March 25-26 1972 NC Snowmap.png
March 25-26 1974 NC Snowmap.png
accum.19830325.gif

They are getting accumulating snow

From the department of wtf is this, this graphic is way too over the top w/ colors, smh whoever made this at NWS Boston should be embarrassed, at least use a slightly larger interval or something lol my eyes can't take this.
DYwvzS9VQAAi0QQ.jpg-large.jpg

From the department of wtf is this, this graphic is way too over the top w/ colors, smh whoever made this at NWS Boston should be embarrassed, at least use a slightly larger interval or something lol my eyes can't take this.
View attachment 4645
How else are they gonna get their next annual allocation of colors from the Federal Government if they don't use it all up this year ... oldest trick in the book ... LOL ... :p

View attachment 4645
it makes me want to eat some rainbow sherbet...

Just had some pea size hail here. Made up for all the frozen I missed out on in the 2nd half of winter

Back