• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Magnificent March

Started snowing here around 4:30 and heavy at times but temp only down to 34 so no sticking yet. It's gonna be really close here with this one on weather I get accumulating snow or not because I'm not sure how much moisture will be around by the time the temps drop to freezing. Either way this is already the heaviest snow I've seen fall this late in the year since I've lived here.

if I see token flakes tonight, I'll consider it a major victory... it's in the upper 40s, windy with a chilly rain right now.

It’s now starting to stick!

17fcbd364fb4c3be929ec110f2c29ba7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah, think this puppy is going to over perform in Northern Tenn and especially the plateau and mountains...

Have a line of storms headed this way, and WWA is right on the border in Durham. Maybe they'll be some snow falling tomorrow morning.

Have a line of storms headed this way, and WWA is right on the border in Durham. Maybe they'll be some snow falling tomorrow morning.
Good luck Brick and NC peeps! We had one bolt of lightning with sleet. Looked like the really cool stuff moved west of me. Will see what the rest of the evening holds.

Cooling off quickly, but of course, the dreaded dry air is also depleting any moisture... currently in the upper 30s at my house, with 'sprinkles'. On top of Lookout mountain it's 31, and a snow shower.. A lot of moisture winding up with this system, but it's set up for Kentucky, NE Tn and Virginia to get the best of it.

Had thunder ,lightening and sleet downpour for about 10 to 15 minutes earlier tonight. Pretty cool seeing that and temp is mid to upper 30s

Btw was over near Oxford little over an hour ago got to experience a little thunder with rain/ip mix and temp of 35. Fairly dynamic system

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Unlike the last couple events in NC we actually have a cold high to the north to continuously resupply cold air into the region. This is an unusually strong surface high for this time of the year.
us_f114.png

Unlike the last couple events in NC we actually have a cold high to the north to continuously resupply cold air into the region. This is an unusually strong surface high for this time of the year.
View attachment 4649

To further bring this point home, some of this cold air will be going over a deep snow, fresh cover that'll be put down by this nor'easter.
DYySzohX0AAZ1O6.jpg

Back