• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Magnificent March

:mad:This is going North. The NAM is North, see if the others follow suit! KNew it was too good to be true, the DC area not getting a big storm this year! :(:(

Had a pretty good storm roll through around midnight. Some nice thunder and lightning.

Euro looks less impressive with the snow.

I wonder if tropical systems will start early this year?

Good to see the snow is showing up. Looks a lot like the last storm.

Latest Euro is okay, but you NC folks are going to be a bit more disappointed. Looks better for GA
ecmwf_acc_snow_se_102.png

I wonder if tropical systems will start early this year?
I doubt it. We are trending towards Nino , and that’s not conducive for an active Atlantic. Plus I’d imagine the Atlantic should be below normal temp wise, based on all of the cold

I doubt it. We are trending towards Nino , and that’s not conducive for an active Atlantic. Plus I’d imagine the Atlantic should be below normal temp wise, based on all of the cold
Yes, the nino may be what we are headed to, but I'm not sure if that's definite yet. The Atlantic, and especially the Gulf are above with a few pockets of cooler. Early storms tend to be in the NE Atlantic though.
anomw.3.15.2018.gif

Yes, but I think at a higher level. We need to see things trend a bit wetter over the next 48 hours. Still plenty of time, but we need to reverse the trend.
TW

Didn't we do this back and forth dance with the last snow?
Last snow pretty much got better as we got closer. This may be a case of models losing it and bring it back as energy is in the “not well sampled” zone for a while. I don’t know.

Last snow pretty much got better as we got closer. This may be a case of models losing it and bring it back as energy is in the “not well sampled” zone for a while. I don’t know.

Yeah it did, but the shortwave also trended sharper/less progressive and more neutral tilt on both the GFS and NAM inside 72 hours...I feel given the latest trends that this goose is cooked, as I suspect the EPS to get worse for 00z.

Glad to see this severe weather isn’t going to miss N AL like all the snow did during the winter *sarcasm*

Geez, if it got any better for us I don’t know if I could stand it.

Back