• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Magnificent March

If this winter produces accumulating snow yet again here in Raleigh this late in March I’ll definitely bump my winter grade to an A-, getting 1 accumulating snow after the 1st week or so of March is a feat in of itself but to get 2 would be something else even in spite of the warm February.

I bet that precip map is awesome.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

a2970ac30c2291f1b36ad987d4c7164e.jpg

8e4e3138d284620e6ddf3a0ba36bcd6d.jpg

d2c63e357e3caf49d43c83e9dae54c69.jpg

I know we are late into March, but to see yet another southeast possible snow that the models are suggesting, seem exciting. This has my attention as I am watching this time frame and each run looks more legit to say. Well see.

Brent, I lived south of weatherford for about 11 years, and in february 2009, I was crappie fishing on Lake Granbury. A guy was wakeboarding, and oit was 90 degrees. In February.

long range GFS has a freaking snowstorm for Amarillo and Oklahoma where it hasn't really snowed all winter on April 1st(which is also Easter)...

That would be something :rolleyes:

Apparently some EPS members are even snowy not far from here in the days leading up lol

Looks like we might have a few elevated storms around this evening. Could be a couple decent hailers

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So, what's the latest on the winter storm threat next week? Any good runs overnight?

Regardless of the snow map, 12z looks great for NC.

3 trailing waves in the southeast, one is bound to make us wintry...another snow for RDU north seems likely at this point. Euro GFS and CMC all agree more or less at 500mb, a lot of changes are expected....but wow.

0be5af39eb824690bdf1eb9840eb4a65.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Incredible. Equinox snows are pretty rare but they've happened before, most notably in March 1908, 1914, & 1973 (the same year the blasted SE NC, SC, and GA w/ a monster storm in February), & 1981 in NC. The March 1973 event was accompanied by widespread areas of thundersnow and seems to bear the most overall similarities to the upcoming event.
gfs_asnowd_seus_22.png
March 21-22 1973 NC Snowmap.png

Man. GFS looks great, and three models still showing snow. Winter is going out with a bang.

Back