• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Magnificent March

Matt Grantham's discussion has me interested in Monday for a decent threat. The 18z GFS looks pretty good for supercells with large hail. I'd like to see more moisture in the boundary layer, but this may end up a legit threat for a good chunk of the southern states.

Probably ended it for the season in this neck of the woods (but ya never know with this winter), but got to 30º gain last night with a dadgum heavy frost ...

But then again ...

ecmwf_z500_mslp_namer_fh168-168.gif

Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 9.46.11 PM.png

Yikes late March 1984 was no bueno for the Carolinas. Produced arguably the largest and most violent tornado outbreak in NC's recent history up until 2011. Eventually we'll get to a point in the warm season where even a cold pattern won't deter severe weather.

View attachment 4516

Yikes late March 1984 was no bueno for the Carolinas. Produced arguably the largest and most violent tornado outbreak in NC's recent history up until 2011. Eventually we'll get to a point in the warm season where even a cold pattern won't deter severe weather.
As much as I love weather, I'd go for simple 90's and ragtime summer in spring before seeing anyone have to deal with bad spinners and what they leave behind, or any spinners for that matter ... let's hope for a nice ease into April for all on Board ... ;)

View attachment 4516

Tennessee Storm? Is that you?

Here we go again...
68ff98f94b5b1f3b127b5a2968ad73f9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The EPS weeklies are putting the hammer down right on into early April. This might be one of those years where we go from a late winter climo pattern to summer in a heartbeat.
index.php.png

Back