• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Magnificent March

Euro shows something similar, not quite as deep.. I'd say how this guy ^ fluctuates over the next 2-3 days will be crucial to anyone in the northern half of the SE US seeing snow of some sort. Freezes look likely though at least into the I-20 corridor North. We'll see..

Euro shows something similar, not quite as deep.. I'd say how this guy ^ fluctuates over the next 2-3 days will be crucial to anyone in the northern half of the SE US seeing snow of some sort. Freezes look likely though at least into the I-20 corridor North. We'll see..

The 0z Euro solution seems a little out in left field wrt the depth of the trough, its pretty telling when its own extremely dampened 9 day ensemble mean actually has a deeper trough in the E US.
ecmwf-ens_z500a_us_9.png
ecmwf_z500a_us_9.png

The next shortwave that enters the fray the middle of next week is liable to become a beast w/ that monster block over eastern Canada.
View attachment 4285

EPS is struggling Day 10...now a slower ULL
800b381b842a054e314e6234caf9b17b.jpg

b2b6b66dd564597302f6b45aa0861e06.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think both the cold and the 'snow' wink,wink, will be adjusting further south as we go forward into early March. Shoot me dead if I'm wrong.
Unfortunately, there is only so far south something can adjust, and I doubt it will go too far south. However, I wouldn't rule it out in your area.

Would prefer no more freezing weather. Blueberries and plums are in bloom right now IMBY.

It's deep freezes that are a problem, not just light freezing weather. My dad has only lost his blueberries twice since he's been growing them and it's not too often that we're done with reaching freezing early. Both times where they were lost had low-mid 20s weather.

If the models are showing snow here more than 10 days out, I doubt it will come to happen.

Meanwhile, we have a severe threat in parts of NC and SC this afternoon.

Looks like there's a chance my prediction I made months ago might come true.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Fwiw next week still has some potential interesting weather, at least for around these parts.... GFS is very close to something imby. Anyway wind advisory up for tomorrow for gust close to 50 mph so March coming in like a lion

13 degree temperature difference between DownTown Greenville and the Laurens County line..that's a 25-30 minute drive. Quite a front

Back