Pattern Magnificent March

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
Enjoying there being no more long lasting torch for at least the next couple of weeks. We could easily not have the level and duration of warmth we just experienced the last couple of weeks until April or potentially even May! Some nice late winter/early spring wx to get out and enjoy. Thank you -NAO for your nice contribution.

Enjoying there being no more long lasting torch for at least the next couple of weeks. We could easily not have the level and duration of warmth we just experienced the last couple of weeks until April or potentially even May! Some nice late winter/early spring wx to get out and enjoy. Thank you -NAO for your nice contribution.
Ignoring the 80's on post-truncation of the past couple GFS runs and rather will be reveling in the next 10 days ... :p
~~~~~~~~~~
... and digging the heck out of seeing this again ...

610temp.new.gif

814temp.new.gif

Larry (and anyone else) - The record warmth was OK, but given a choice ... We're in the same swampy camp! Keep the chill as long as possible; July will be here soon enough ...
Best!
Phil

Last edited:
Stinks this pattern wasn't favorable for wintry weather at this point in February, there are a lot of very sizable events in east-central NC around this date. Our snowfall climo isn't as good as January but pound for pound we often see more big dogs when it does snow...
View attachment 4209

View attachment 4213
View attachment 4212
View attachment 4211
View attachment 4210

A few days later around the 27th-28th and there's a butload of big dogs in the historical record w/ at least 6-8"+ of snow or 1/4"+ of ice in in the NWS RAH CWA including the aforementioned storm in late February 1963. I think you get the picture lol from mid February to early March when it actually manages to snow you're climatologically more likely to hit the jackpot in some part of east-central NC than at other times of the winter season.
February 27-28 1924 NC Snowmap.png
February 27-28 1937 NC Snowmap.png

February 26-27 1952 NC Snowmap.png
February 26-27 1963 NC Snowmap.png
February 28-March 2 1969 NC Snowmap.png
February 27 1987 NC Snowmap.gif
February 26-27 2003 NC Snowmap.gif
February 26-27 2004 NC Snowmap.gif

Reactions: mrdaddyman

Commence weenie excitement in 5...4...3....

05638e2663a8c411c034a47f360229d3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Commence weenie excitement in 5...4...3....

05638e2663a8c411c034a47f360229d3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We got a nice trough right over and off the east coast that could lead to another big coastal for New England and the Mid-Atlantic a little over a week from now and it's looking more likely this E Canada block will stubbornly hang around a little longer than I thought. Our climatology is barely favorable enough and we have to somehow bank on a shortwave coming in right behind it and getting shunted by this vortex while it's still hanging around. That's a lot to ask for and we'll be splitting hairs at best but it's not too unreasonable to think you have a shot for at least token flakes if you're along and/north of I-40 or are in the Apps w/ a pattern like this if a few bounces also go our way. This is also about the only thing we have left to talk about so why not lol.

Reactions: accu35
We got a nice trough right over and off the east coast that could lead to another big coastal for New England and the Mid-Atlantic a little over a week from now and it's looking more likely this E Canada block will stubbornly hang around a little longer than I thought. Our climatology is barely favorable enough and we have to somehow bank on a shortwave coming in right behind it and getting shunted by this vortex while it's still hanging around. That's a lot to ask for and we'll be splitting hairs at best but it's not too unreasonable to think you have a shot for at least token flakes if you're along and/north of I-40 or are in the Apps w/ a pattern like this if a few bounces also go our way. This is also about the only thing we have left to talk about so why not lol.
I'd say the system on the 9th has more potential than that post-truncation one.