• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jarring January

Wow, almost all of this in ala is tue/wed
26793479_1984876074873374_616391934_n.png
Glad I am not in the sweet spot...NW trend..lol...yeah I did it.

Amazing how Euro keeps spitting out snowy solutions the past few days but nada for the GFS. Hope it is just it’s bias in play

GFS is trying it's just too late, something to watch over next few days anyway.
Last 4 GFS
7439e8d9e064c549088e77a5e0a0abc5.gif

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Clippers stress me out. This thing can go poof in one run. I’d like to see support on the GFS (there’s some on individual ensembles but overall the energy is too far NE), also I don’t believe the snow will be that far west as the 00z Euro snowfall map shows. Tons of questions need to be answered for this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's what BMX said about it

There has
been a shift in operational and ensemble guidance toward more
moisture along the Arctic front on Tuesday. 20 percent POPs have
been added back to our forecast, all in the form of light snow,
affecting potentially the entire forecast area. We will have to
watch this situation very closely due to the prospect of snow
falling with temperatures well into the 20s The strong cold
advection is likely to send temperatures plunging into the teens
and maybe even the single digits on Wednesday morning with
sustained winds around 10 mph. This would push wind chill values
to near and possibly below zero across the entire area. Another
cold night is expected on Wednesday night into Thursday with more
lows in the teens and lower 20s.

20% chance of all snow and only snow, don't see that often lol

06z NAVGEM also digs the shortwave similar to the Euro and is a very nice hit.

navgem_mslp_pcpn_seus_21.png
I had a feeling we'd start seeing some nice maps pop up during this period. Hopefully, we can start to see a bit more agreement. I don't hate the setup entirely.

I love the Euro setup, but I was most concerned at how much further southwest it was with the digging but most guidance is trending that direction now. Regardless of how it turns out, I'd say this one has potential and kudos to you for being first to really jump on it!
Thanks! I'd just be happy scoring more than a few flakes. It would be nice to see a coastal develop sooner and a bit farther to the south and sling some moisture back this way. We're probably going to have to mainly work with the clipper, though. Anyway, it gives us something to watch, which is all we can ask for at this point.

I love the Euro setup, but I was most concerned at how much further southwest it was with the digging but most guidance is trending that direction now. Regardless of how it turns out, I'd say this one has potential and kudos to you for being first to really jump on it!
Your right gonna be a fine line we are walking with that. All or nada. Again. Lmao

Like the last one, looks like the Triad will be a little too far West but does look good for the Triangle

I had a feeling we'd start seeing some nice maps pop up during this period. Hopefully, we can start to see a bit more agreement. I don't hate the setup entirely.
Well the good thing about these clippers is you know it's not going to bust with rain when precipitation is coming from the snow side of the 540 line

Wow, love how things look now with the Euro. Hope it keeps trending that way and the other models fall in place. This is exactly what I was talking about a few days ago - watch out about a week later when we have a big warm up in winter here.

Back