• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jarring January

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_18.png
Here comes my snow lol

Only 5 days out, too. I really like the chances more when we see systems like this that develop slowly on the models instead of when they show a big storm 7 to 10 days out.

This is what makes these sort of patterns fun. You got nothing but dry and cold air with nothing showing then all of a sudden the models throw a storm in there. This will be fun to watch. Hr 120 is looking good for my particular area.

Very nice improvement/trend on the GFS. Looks like moisture for this system will not be a problem but again with this type of system it will be boom or bust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The EPS is an utter joke after day 5-6 right now, checking the trend in 0z runs even against yesterday, the trough in the medium range which is associated w/ this threat for wintry weather has continued to strengthen as verification nears and is far cry from a massive ridge it was showing only 3 days ago for the same time frame. Give this another 2 days or so because the solutions even out to day 5 aren't particularly stable... Another ridge is showing up on the EPS at day 10, it probably won't verify either given there's a big ACWB event fixing to transpire over the Bering Sea & GOA coupled w/ a trough near Hawaii and north Atlantic blocking, all of which don't favor ridging along the eastern seaboard... At the very least if there is going to be a ridge here it will be transient at best
ecmwf-ens_z500a_namer_11.png

Back