• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jarring January

I love it when the Kuchera ratio gives more than 10:1. BAM!
snku_acc.us_ma.png
Even better! What a great look for NC. Lots of snow for lots of folks.

Does it look like a low was tryimg to form in the northern gulf? Just was wondering

The EPS is an utter joke after day 5-6 right now, checking the trend in 0z runs even against yesterday, the trough in the medium range which is associated w/ this threat for wintry weather has continued to strengthen as verification nears and is far cry from a massive ridge it was showing only 3 days ago for the same time frame. Give this another 2 days or so because the solutions even out to day 5 aren't particularly stable... Another ridge is showing up on the EPS at day 10, it probably won't verify either given there's a big ACWB event fixing to transpire over the Bering Sea & GOA coupled w/ a trough near Hawaii and north Atlantic blocking, all of which don't favor ridging along the eastern seaboard... At the very least if there is going to be a ridge here it will be transient at best
View attachment 2746
Well, "King of 500MB", it seems you have fallen from your throne. Thanks for the update Webber! It's weird to see such a model that did so well become such a laugh. It's bad though because we don't have any good LR models to trust now.

Just my weenie thinking i really think that the moisture will fill up on NGA and NAL better than GFS showed
According to a met on other board , cold push is modeled to strong, and moisture would be rain se of ATL to CLT

According to a met on other board , cold push is modeled to strong, and moisture would be rain se of ATL to CLT

Well, then that met thinks all of the models are out to lunch to be honest. The Euro suite has been even colder than the GFS if I'm remembering correctly.

Edit: The GFS seems like it's caved but for a while it was warmer.

Back