• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Nate

I'm not buying this HMON run given it weakens to be Nate over water. As for the HWRF, that is a reasonable yet bad solution. We would see major hurricane 6 and major US landfall number 3 (4 if you count PR) this year, something we don't need.

Category 3 strength on HWRF...(100.3 kts)

EDITED: I always get the kts speeds mixed up.

Last edited:
I'm not buying this HMON run given it weakens to be Nate over water. As for the HWRF, that is a reasonable yet bad solution. We would see major hurricane 6 and major US landfall number 3 (4 if you count PR) this year, something we don't need.

Yeah, that is weird...

Can you post image please

hwrf_mslp_wind_16L_30.png

As far as track is concerned, the NAM is closer to the Euro (FL panhandle) than it is to the GFS (Louisiana).

I'm sure the western track will verify and leave most of SC/NC high and dry again. RDU today 21 days straight no measurable precip

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

If Trough slows down, Don't be surprised if this system trends west and could be a Texas/LA Issue!!! Fear the West Trend!!

If Trough slows down, Don't be surprised if this system trends west and could be a Texas/LA Issue!!! Fear the West Trend!!
Wouldn't be a bad thing , but I think there are limitations as to how far west it can get . The further west the better for the southeast as it would pump plenty of moisture across the region

I'm sure the western track will verify and leave most of SC/NC high and dry again. RDU today 21 days straight no measurable precip

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
a west track would be a bad thing . The heavy rain would most likely stay to your west but you would still see an increase regardless.

Plus , we still don't kmow where it's going

I think ARCC pointed this out earlier but you can clearly see banding around the center. Won't be too long before we have Nate

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

At hour 48 the Euro is way east of the gfs and cmc

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Back