• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Nate

Spann going with Euro and days says he doubts he it reaches hurricane strength fwiw

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Whatcha basing this on Chris ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would say based on the pattern. Looks like a strong SW to NE flow is gonna be there in front of the cold front. Winds and precip might be a east weighted

Tropical models shift west a little at 12z
d1c9a540018812ed528809d216434f11.jpg

Cyclone potential has dropped off quite a bit in the Gulf and upper Caribbean, but look at where the system is, and look at the potentials. Have to watch the intensity of the system when it forms just to see if it stays weak or begins strengthening. Now I am not saying we will see an intense hurricane quickly, but rather there is a lot of energy down there and anything can happen, and by how this season has gone I wouldn't doubt a major hurricane unless this storm rides land a lot.
atlpot.png

Cyclone potential has dropped off quite a bit in the Gulf and upper Caribbean, but look at where the system is, and look at the potentials. Have to watch the intensity of the system when it forms just to see if it stays weak or begins strengthening. Now I am not saying we will see an intense hurricane quickly, but rather there is a lot of energy down there and anything can happen, and by how this season has gone I wouldn't doubt a major hurricane unless this storm rides land a lot.
atlpot.png
Seems to be a theme this season of models missing the intensity and quickness of intensification, hopefully this will not continue the theme!? But as you stated, stay over open ocean, with all that bath water , could be trouble

The HMON is laughable .

00z vs 06z
402ba9fc4a1b106540d0a3d7a94570ba.jpg
a0829202de8a7de9310a260f421271af.jpg

Could be due to the fact that it just started running at 18Z last night and at least a tropical storm has yet to form. It seems to do that when storms initialize as does the HWRF sometimes, so I usually just wait for a storm to form, then I use them. Yes, it is funny to look and laugh at the HMON sometimes, especially here where it goes from a strong cat 4 to a weak TD at best.

Will officially be TD 16 at 11 am:

NHC will initiate advisories at 11 AM EDT on Tropical Depression Sixteen, currently located over the Southwestern Caribbean Sea.

Nice well defined surface circulation. Not looking too bad this morning . Bet we have a TD

TS force could extend pretty far inland with the systems forward speed
71ef850d78e11e69c59ec42799e90809.jpg

If that isn't a Euro like track I dont know what is

It's a Euro focused, but leaned west track.
TS force could extend pretty far inland with the systems forward speed
71ef850d78e11e69c59ec42799e90809.jpg

Not again. I seriously don't want to do tree cleanup again. Already have a large compromised half split limb from Irma that will come down with a big gust. May have to get that trimmed if this comes here.

Back