• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Nate

Okay so with Opal, the reason there was so much damage inland was because of it's fast motion right?
Yes, and it was Cat 3 (115 mph) at landfall to boot. Opal was moving about 25 mph through AL, Nate will be going about 22 mph, so very close forward speed wise.

Just crazy. We saw a weak TS mess this morning and boom, hurricane now

maria did the same went from nothing to a 5 in record time..

i honestly hope this thing doesnt go stupid and RI into something major.. i am working 9-1-1 dispatch this weekend on night shifts in Pelham AL

recon_AF307-0716A-NATE_dropsonde11_20171007-0305.png

sounds like it keeps shifting further west, im assuming due to it being stronger than forecast earlier. If it keeps shifting west may not get much impact in GA.
If anything I bet it goes east . As shane pointed out a faster system has a greater chance of interacting with the trough sooner thus turning NE sooner

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

sounds like it keeps shifting further west, im assuming due to it being stronger than forecast earlier. If it keeps shifting west may not get much impact in GA.

I thought the stronger it is the more east it'll be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back