• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Nate

A stronger system will verify to the east . So if it continues to strengthen I would expect a few more east shifts with the track

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk
If this strengthens up to a cat 2 or 3 and moves at the speed that the NHC has it, it will cause much more impact in AL, GA, and the Carolinas than Irma did. It simply would not have much time to really weaken. Maybe not as much rain, but possibly a LOT more wind.

Rapid intensification still cannot be ruled out since
the indices are showing a 50/50 chance of a 25-kt increase over
the next 24 hours. If Nate becomes a hurricane soon, then
additional increases in the official intensity forecast may be
necessary in subsequent advisories.
So a 50% Chance of getting to 100 now.:eek:

Woah...

avn0-lalo.gif

Sheash beast mode on IR right now. Been a long time with a large CDO with that type of cold tops.
Seeing how the clouds have stayed with the center and are blowing up, plus the recon info, it's rapidly intensifying. I'm going to call that. I expect this to blow past the NHC's forecast. May even run for major.

Seeing how the clouds have stayed with the center and are blowing up, plus the recon info, it's rapidly intensifying. I'm going to call that. I expect this to blow past the NHC's forecast. May even run for major.
Yep and if it does and keeps it's fast forward speed inland it'll be trouble for a lot of us.

Personally if this thing closes off a strong eyewall and core, a major is just about a given with a ~50% shot a Cat 4 IMO. It may and probably will not be that a landfall but we all know how fickle small hurricanes are.

The biggest problem on both sides is speed. It may be too fast to reach it's max potential or it may be too fast for a ERC to stop it.

Yep and if it does and keeps it's fast forward speed inland it'll be trouble for a lot of us.
Not to mention a surprise major hurricane for the Gulf coast. It could go up to West Virginia as a TS if it is a major at landfall. That would devastate a lot of areas. Opal all over again but faster?

Good God!.... All I wanted was some rain here. Not, this beast (possibly) for Board Friends in his path.

Hurricane Nate Tropical Cyclone Update
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL AL162017
1030 PM CDT Fri Oct 06 2017

...NATE BECOMES A HURRICANE...

An Air Force Reserve Hurricane Hunter aircraft just penetrated the
center of Nate and reported hurricane-force winds. The maximum
winds are estimated to be 75 mph (120 km/h) with higher gusts.

Yes with Opal she was also a "compact" system that rapidly intensified as she crossed the loop current, and also "rabbited" as she neared the coast all the way up into GA.. I was working patrol that night just SW of ATL, and patrol unit caught a gust broadside and stated "skipping" across parking lot. When I turned into wind I "clocked" rain with traffic radar at 82 mph
FYI I was just outside and does have a bit of tropical feel to air out... Much more so than with Irma (no wedge)

Back