• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Gert

gfs_mslp_pcpn_atl_27.png
Ok den

I'd give it a 20% chance that 99L tracks into the GOM, or at least the eastern part of the GOM. A trough sweeps it northeastward and strengthens off the coast of the Carolina's. That's just another possible scenario.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

I give it a chance from being a monster to nothing with gfs. Seen this before

Whatever is left of 99L is headed foe the gulf lol

Idk maybe if 99L stays little further south of the islands then it could had strengthen little more. To much land interact this run. Cant wait for happy hr

Well, the 12z GFS started 99L off realistically. IMO, I think the flow is too flat over the northern Atlantic from the 12z GFS. And overall, the flow is too fast from that run.

Well, the 12z GFS started 99L off realistically. IMO, I think the flow is too flat over the northern Atlantic from the 12z GFS. And overall, the flow is too fast from that run.

If it wouldn't have been shredded by the islands, we would have seen a development if it went north or south of them into probably a decent hurricane. I would say the CMC put out a pretty realistic run in terms of strength.

12Z Euro: even weaker than the 0Z Euro at hour 48 and the 0Z Euro didn't even do much with it. So, considering that as well as the 12Z model consensus to this point, I don't expect the 12Z Euro to do much with this.

Back