• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Gert

I have no desire to see a hurricane unlike some on this board
emoji57.png

You and I need a beer, or whatever, and let the rest of 'em nail their roofs back on and run their chain saws, and then shower with cold water and sleep with no A/C; I'll enjoy watching but not being at that party ... you and I need a beer, or whatever ... just to enjoy the watch ... :cool:

You and I need a beer, or whatever, and let the rest of 'em nail their roofs back on and run their chain saws, and then shower with cold water and sleep with no A/C; I'll enjoy watching but not being at that party ... you and I need a beer, or whatever ... just to enjoy the watch ... :cool:

8db367053276750e818944552f249dc9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't want to see a hurricane either. But...If this hurricane comes about like what we're seeing now on the models, probably cool air will come down after the cane is pushing out of the region.

So, that would be the good news.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

I can deal with a cat 1 maybe 2 if one would approach, but anything stronger needs to stay away. I went through Ivan and it was horrified when i lived in Pensacola. Theres nothing fun about a Cat 3/4 hurricane that takes everything you worked hard for and just destroys it.

I can deal with a cat 1 maybe 2 if one would approach, but anything stronger needs to stay away. I went through Ivan and it was horrified when i lived in Pensacola. Theres nothing fun about a Cat 3/4 hurricane that takes everything you worked hard for and just destroys it.
There is nothing fun about anything tropical with "Cat" on the front end of the name ... ;)

There is nothing fun about anything tropical with "Cat" on the front end of the name ... ;)

Matthew's wind effects coming through my area last October were essentially Cat 1 and it turned this area into a huge mess due to numerous downed trees that took 3 months to clean up. Power was out a good week or so for many with the majority having at least a several day long outage. Mine was out around 4 days and that was enough to cause a lot of food to have to be thrown out.

The surge effects were probably more like a cat 2 and that was enough to cause many homes on lower ground to get extensive flooding. In addition to all of this, most folks including ourselves chose to evacuate the area due to a mandatory countywide order. That was a major headache though I wouldn't hesitate to do that again. Besides having to endure multiple days of no power, many of these folks were quite scared during the storm as they heard trees falling all around them for several hours and in some cases right on their homes. They were in many cases stuck in or near those homes for a couple of days due to numerous road blockages that didn't allow auto travel. Emergency services were not up to par as the evacuation order said would be the case for those ignoring the order. If someone had a medical emergency, good luck! If someone needed the police, good luck! A few of the folks who stayed behind undoubtedly wanted to experience this but many of them said they've had enough and won't do it again intentionally.

Matthew's wind effects coming through my area last October were essentially Cat 1 and it turned this area into a huge mess due to numerous downed trees that took 3 months to clean up. Power was out a good week or so for many with the majority having at least a several day long outage. Mine was out around 4 days and that was enough to cause a lot of food to have to be thrown out.

The surge effects were probably more like a cat 2 and that was enough to cause many homes on lower ground to get extensive flooding. In addition to all of this, most folks including ourselves chose to evacuate the area due to a mandatory countywide order. That was a major headache though I wouldn't hesitate to do that again. Besides having to endure multiple days of no power, many of these folks were quite scared during the storm as they heard trees falling all around them for several hours and in some cases right on their homes. They were in many cases stuck in or near those homes for a couple of days due to numerous road blockages that didn't allow auto travel. Emergency services were not up to par as the evacuation order said would be the case for those ignoring the order. If someone had a medical emergency, good luck! If someone needed the police, good luck! A few of the folks who stayed behind undoubtedly wanted to experience this but many of them said they've had enough and won't do it again intentionally.
So well said, Larry!
After 5, that's 5 too many on this end.
Wish the 'Canemongers would have to actually do it ... ;)

I'll start putting out discussion video's within a couple of days or so. We'll see how this tropical feature turns out over the weekend.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

I feel like we should have a decent idea by Saturday. The GFS has it at 1009 mb 6 hours from now. And then down to 1004 by saturday afternoon

0Z GFS hour 192 coming in further south than the 12Z and is near the 18Z position but with a stronger WAR.

Ridge is on steroids at 216 and storm is down to 937 mb again....
Meanwhile the CMC has a low in nearly the same spot but much weaker at 997 mb

Ridge is on steroids at 216 and storm is down to 937 mb again....
Meanwhile the CMC has a low in nearly the same spot but much weaker at 997 mb

Heading for a central FL hit on 8/13. Thank goodness this is still 9 days out/low probability that far out.

Edit: note that this (late 8/13 to early 8/14) is by a good bit the earliest threat of the last 4 GFS runs.

Heading for a central FL hit on 8/13. Thank goodness this is still 9 days out/low probability that far out.

Edit: note that this (late 8/13 to early 8/14) is by a good bit the earliest threat of the last 4 GFS runs.
Mainly due to the fact that it gets forced inland way south of previous runs. I have noticed the GFS has just been insistent on really building in heights around this time period. Looks like it evaded Florida and is headed for SC/GA border

Back