• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc August Auguring

I think there is a very real chance Atlanta doesn't reach 90 this month. Larry, do you know when the last time Atlanta went the entire month of August without reaching 90 ?

Pouring up in this piece! Over an inch today, breaking the drought!

Incoming
9de78b9fdf50f7803480ec87a625add6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chattanooga has missed out on most of the heavy rain lately and the storms past few days performed the Chattanooga split and part went through middle TN and the rest moved through northern GA

Not much rain up this way today.... had some overnight but most of the day has been dry and cloudy. Even had some peaks of sun a bit ago. Temps never left the 70s today even with the peaks of sunshine. Awesome August day! .40" rain today 78.6 this hour and thus the high for the day as well.

Surely SD got some of that. I have .89 and it's still pouring here. 2.25 since yesterday morning.

Congrats to all who are cashing in that needed it. We ended up with about .75 with the front. Hard to believe that the front stalled that far south this time of year. I'm enjoying this 83 to 85 and sunny August weather.

Speaking of JB. Solak had a good post of JB semi hyping 99L over on the other board.

JB is watching it, too.

Joe Bastardi‏Verified account @BigJoeBastardi 3h3 hours ago

Explained on Daily summary why I am worried about 99L Carol, ,Edna 1954 with major nw trough,big upper ridge Canada.Pattern similar day 6-8

Lol here he goes w/ more of the 1950s bs... Ok I'll admit, yea there's an upper ridge over Canada but its way too far north to favor a landfall on the US, the westerlies are liable to easily undercut it, usually need to see them closer to the US-Canadian border or just a hair north, otherwise meh, if anything this pattern over the next 1-2 weeks is anti-US impacts w/ a big trough over the Lakes/OHV as we've seen time and time again the past several years (minus last summer).

Lol here he goes w/ more of the 1950s bs... Ok I'll admit, yea there's an upper ridge over Canada but its way too far north to favor a landfall on the US, the westerlies are liable to easily undercut it, usually need to see them closer to the US-Canadian border or just a hair north, otherwise meh, if anything this pattern over the next 1-2 weeks is anti-US impacts w/ a big trough over the Lakes/OHV as we've seen time and time again the past several years (minus last summer).
JB said he expects a re-curve

Webb,
You sing a sweet tune ...
:D

Yep. We could see a stair step type track where a more with a more westerly track intermittently as the ridge tries to pump between shortwaves but there is too much toughing and too many shortwaves eroding the Atlantic ridge to get anything int theUS

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Back