• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern April Showers

Tonight's Gfs says Canada cold, but Spring trying its damndest to make the yearly latitudinal march. Storm track is moving north, in fits and starts. Up and downish, cool, to warm to cool again down South. warministas be patient.

Tonight's Gfs says Canada cold, but Spring trying its damndest to make the yearly latitudinal march. Storm track is moving north, in fits and starts. Up and downish, cool, to warm to cool again down South. warministas be patient.
So you are saying that spring may eventually make it to Indiana ?

stole this from the 'other forum'... kinda ridiculous, kinda fun though. In reality it only means true Spring gets delayed by a couple weeks, but we can dream I guess.
5abd9107c3015_ScreenShot2018-03-29at9_19_16PM.png.a57657ac4ececbfae2b23ba885d49419.png
With how the past year has been, anything can happen.

With how the past year has been, anything can happen.
yeah, south of I-20 Alabama, Ga, gets a surprise 4-5 inches overnight in mid-April from a suppressed system due to anomalous neg AO and wildly variant PNA feature in mid-April. Once again the Tennessee valley whiffs...

that cut off in Hamilton Co. is mean, but true. I've actually seen that sort of thing. Albeit, not in April. ;)

lol the 6z GFS has record highs here one day and record lows the next day... oh GFS...

good thing its 10 days out

While the GEFS mean has some "wintry weather" this far South, it's skewed by two members only. One being quite a snow event for NC/SC and another being quite an icy event.

Ice storms in April? No way, no way.

While the GEFS mean has some "wintry weather" this far South, it's skewed by two members only. One being quite a snow event for NC/SC and another being quite an icy event.

Ice storms in April? No way, no way.
When is the last time SC had an ice storm in April ?

I wonder just how late these computer models are going to keep showing fantasy snows?

I wonder as well and also agree with the sentiment, but in 6 months we will all be excited to see the models show fantasy snows.

Back