Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is our claim to fame. Luck is on our side! This winter is going to rock now!
There's something to look forward to. A big snowstorm that gives you a foot of snow that lasts for a week. Either that or you'll be screwed by a gradient that is 1 mile from your house and you'll get 1 inch while 2 miles away gets 12.

They actually say not to quit and to call out sick. Brings too much attention to your identity too soon....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This was my plan, I'm sure I'll never put it into action but I would definitely call out sick.... and for me it's not even about the confidentiality, as you know, in NC we don't have that anyway. But for me it's more about, my luck something would happen, lose the ticket, have an accident, something and then I'd be screwed lol

You guys are too nice. I would roll into work one last triumphant time just like this
dd7ac22cf4acb732f0440a71bb32a9ab.gif
bc3e848d357842405fe39d46a19f1045.gif

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Why? Why would it even be surprising if it is, especially in a warming world and realizing poop fire winters in the SE are not that unusual.
I wouldn’t be surprised at all, just feel like most people believe this winter is going to be cold and wet and the snow potentially is very high. Just hope it doesn’t turn into a dud. I hate getting excited for failure. Hoping for some good legit chances this winter.

Why? Why would it even be surprising if it is, especially in a warming world and realizing poop fire winters in the SE are not that unusual.
Gas station 2 miles from my house sold a 1.6billion dollar lottery ticket last night. Literally anything is possible. We have to
hold on hope for a February 1973 redux. Literally anything is possible if everything comes together right. We are overdue for a roof crusher around here

I wouldn’t be surprised at all, just feel like most people believe this winter is going to be cold and wet and the snow potentially is very high. Just hope it doesn’t turn into a dud. I hate getting excited for failure. Hoping for some good legit chances this winter.

Fair enough. But keep in mind that the bias on average of wx hobbyists and JB is being too cold and too wintry. They want cold/wintry (especially the snow part rather than dry cold or ZR/IP) every winter and that naturally leads to overoptimism. Occasionally reality will meet expectations but usually not because hopes lead to too high expectations for the SE US in many winters. Also, even in the best of winters with lots of snow, some spots will always miss the bulk. Moreover, even when one gets snow, there so often is still disappointment because nearby locations happened to get more.

After last winter’s wildness, I’m not at all discounting the possibility uof a mild winter like Judah Cohen’s modeling is forecasting. And even if it is mild, I will still enjoy most days much more than I enjoy almost every summer day. A very warm winter day is still so much better than a “cool” summer day.

Reactions: NoSnowATL
Status
Not open for further replies.