• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We get a good snow once every 4-5 years. Bright side is our severe weather is less then north and west Atlanta.
Bottom line is that weather south and east of 85 is far less interesting then north and west. Some would even see less severe as being a negative.

I could never live on east side of Atlanta. They almost always get less snow than the north and west sides. Actually I would hate to live anywhere south of 85 in GA.

Why do folks like you always worry about others getting more snow even if you get snow? Can’t you just enjoy what you get if you get it? This kind of talk detracts from the enjoyment. If you get 2”, why not enjoy it as much if someone to your NW got 5” vs if that same person got 1”? It is the same 2” either way.

Why do folks like you always worry about others getting more snow even if you get snow? Can’t you just enjoy what you get if you get it? This kind of talk detracts from the enjoyment.
When you love something, enough is never enough and more is ALWAYS better!

Why do folks like you always worry about others getting more snow even if you get snow? Can’t you just enjoy what you get if you get it? This kind of talk detracts from the enjoyment. If you get 2”, why not enjoy it as much if someone to your NW got 5” vs if that same person got 1”? It is the same 2” either way.
The problem is often areas south of 85 get nothing and can go 5+ years without getting anything.

Which means that kind of person will almost never be happy. What a miserable way to live.
To be fair, it’s hard to describe that feeling when a winter storm rolls through and you’re sitting there looking at a blue radar returns 5 miles to your north while you inevitably will sit under green returns for the next couple hours if not the duration of the storm. I can assure you it’s quite painful growing up as a kid when your cousins a few miles away get to enjoy a good snow day and you have puddles of rain outside

To be fair, it’s hard to describe that feeling when a winter storm rolls through and you’re sitting there looking at a blue radar returns 5 miles to your north while you inevitably will sit under green returns for the next couple hours if not the duration of the storm. I can assure you it’s quite painful growing up as a kid when your cousins a few miles away get to enjoy a good snow day and you have puddles of rain outside
Happened twice to me last winter. It was horrible but I felt even worse for my 2 little girls, they kept looking out the window all night. I felt so bad.

It seems like, for whatever reason, areas further west like Texas have a better chance for snow earlier in the season than the southeast does. I remember watching a Dallas Cowboys football game in the 90s where there was snow or ice on Thanksgiving Day! You never see that kind of weather in Atlanta in November. As far as here in the midwest, I've never been here in the fall so i'm not sure if it ever snows here in November or not.

It seems like, for whatever reason, areas further west like Texas have a better chance for snow earlier in the season than the southeast does. I remember watching a Dallas Cowboys football game in the 90s where there was snow or ice on Thanksgiving Day! You never see that kind of weather in Atlanta in November. As far as here in the midwest, I've never been here in the fall so i'm not sure if it ever snows here in November or not.
Earliest snow for me in South Bend was October 5th ... on my 19th birthday!

2 years later I got stranded on the Indiana Turnpike (Tollway) on Thanksgiving Day with over 2 1/2 feet (LES)

Last edited:
Atlanta winter starts in January and last to early March so I never expected snow or ice until Jan1. February seems to be the most active around here. Just waiting for my turn to come, hopefully this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back