• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silly how some throw in the towel after one bad model run. I hate to see how they deal with real adversity.

Silly how some throw in the towel after one bad model run. I hate to see how they deal with real adversity.

Sorry, but I'm wishing this away. Not throwing in the towel, wishing it away. And with the way things have gone since back in December, with me joking about my dad about what I see the models say, I've probably successfully made it go away.

I Remember people were throwing in the towel on winter back in November so it’s not shocking to see people jump after one run. I’m definitely not throwing in the towel as the models have had this system showing for a while. It was just north of me that it showed snow for multiple runs until last night when it shifted the snow south and gave us a glory run.

I realize some don't like boring weather with no events to track, but I vote for 7-10 days of sunny and mild weather.

I realize some don't like boring weather with no events to track, but I vote for 7-10 days of sunny and mild weather.

If the boring is sunny, low RHs, and somewhat breezy with highs in the 70's for weeks on end, I not only could live with it, I'd love it and would fully embrace it

I deal with real adversity fairly well, in fact more often than I'd like and one bad model run certainly isn't adversity. In fact no snow isn't adversity unless of course my livelihood depended on it, which it certainly does not. You want to call any of us silly for throwing in the towel, I'm good with that but comparing it to how someone handles real adversity, now that's silly.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I deal with real adversity fairly well, in fact more often than I'd like and one bad model run certainly isn't adversity. In fact no snow isn't adversity unless of course my livelihood depended on it, which it certainly does not. You want to call any of us silly for throwing in the towel, I'm good with that but comparing it to how someone handles real adversity, now that's silly.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I'll give the collective you 'skeeters in June, July, August, September and October, most every day above 90º and very few nights below 76º in that same time range, a few NHC named storms scooting by and knocking down some trees and tearing off a roof or two also in that time frame, and the blessing of a mirage of a threat of one of Tony's sleet pellets finding its way south in December ... no adversity, but some food for thought about some folks complaining ...
Liven up and lighten up some, Folks!
Your Curmudgeon

Last edited:
saw my first stink bug in the house today... one good thing about this cooler weather bugs have been kept to an absolute minimum.... no mosquitoes so far.

We're all Southeast.
But do we know or remember our roots?
If you have Netflix and want to watch something that will tickle your rib cage, get the original Andy Griffith Show, starting with the 1st episode. Been watching one or two a night for weeks and it’s a true hoot! Wife and I are up to episode 30 something for the 1st season.
Best!
Phil

If the boring is sunny, low RHs, and somewhat breezy with highs in the 70's for weeks on end, I not only could live with it, I'd love it and would fully embrace it
I would kill for that kind of weather. Tomorrow will be the first time its reached 60 since February.

We're all Southeast.
But do we know or remember our roots?
If you have Netflix and want to watch something that will tickle your rib cage, get the original Andy Griffith Show, starting with the 1st episode. Been watching one or two a night for weeks and it’s a true hoot! Wife and I are up to episode 30 something for the 1st season.
Best!
Phil
Hey now. We are not all southeast. There are some Texas, Indiana, and Virginia people in here ;)

By the way, my dad loved Andy Griffith Show so much I was named after him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back