• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk if I can speak for everyone, but in the South, snow is always more exciting than rain. Maybe severe storms are more exciting, lots of people enjoy that more. Personally, id chose a winter storm over a severe thunderstorm outbreak.
I’ll take snow over severe storms all day everyday. Nothing compares to the way snow cover can transform the way a city looks. After every good snow of 2 or more inches I am filled with joy and love just walking around. Unless I lived somewhere that got really excessive amounts of snow I don’t think I’d ever get sick of it. I think somewhere that averages 40-50 inches a year would be perfect for me. Not the upper Midwest though were the first snow doesn’t melt until March or April. Somewhere like northern Ohio or Pittsburgh were they can get a good amount but where it melts off several times a winter.

Idk if I can speak for everyone, but in the South, snow is always more exciting than rain. Maybe severe storms are more exciting, lots of people enjoy that more. Personally, id chose a winter storm over a severe thunderstorm outbreak.
I'd choose anything over severe weather (and in that basket I include spinners, straight line winds, hail, and a hurricane) ... ;)

Not sure where this goes but I caught a pretty good shot of a wall cloud and lowering today from my drone. Shout out to @olhausen for helping me pick one. This is from Hayden al looking north to the storm. What I believe was a wall cloud. No major damage with it but it did have some rotation with it for a long time

Attachments

• E4E4E7D3-7612-4F5E-A9E5-AEF648546999.png
    E4E4E7D3-7612-4F5E-A9E5-AEF648546999.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
  • C0855DBF-56D6-4357-BED3-73509C1BBB01.png
    C0855DBF-56D6-4357-BED3-73509C1BBB01.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
  • A5946250-84A3-43C6-A2FF-D06E154ADEF2.png
    A5946250-84A3-43C6-A2FF-D06E154ADEF2.png
    1 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
and to think so many other stories just like this after that day. Blizzards don't destroy entire homes and communities quite like these tornado outbreaks do. Yeah, I realize they can have huge death tolls as well.

3 months til hurricane season :confused:

It's been 3 months since the last one ended

Some places in Puerto Rico are now on 5 months without power :eek:

3 months til hurricane season :confused:

It's been 3 months since the last one ended

Some places in Puerto Rico are now on 5 months without power :eek:
just the poor sections.. GOES satellite shows a pretty lit PR.

I will gladly sacrifice something getting done on my house for everyone to get snow but not severe. Nope! I have had dreams about tornadoes since a kid. So strange and fascinating. The 2011 outbreak was crazy scary and I think about it every year.

I’ll take snow over severe storms all day everyday. Nothing compares to the way snow cover can transform the way a city looks. After every good snow of 2 or more inches I am filled with joy and love just walking around. Unless I lived somewhere that got really excessive amounts of snow I don’t think I’d ever get sick of it. I think somewhere that averages 40-50 inches a year would be perfect for me. Not the upper Midwest though were the first snow doesn’t melt until March or April. Somewhere like northern Ohio or Pittsburgh were they can get a good amount but where it melts off several times a winter.

A friend moved to Colorado and they get surprise snow upwards of several inches and then it goes away and they are wearing shorts again. I think I'd like that.

Lol UNC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4DC0E66C19AA34EB8C94FD3FDB995B543378EE2C

thanks to the flash flood over the airport last night Dallas finished tied for record wettest winter on record

No snow this winter but at least the drought has gone away :p

March will have some surprises. For whom we don't know. But if it's snow I hope it puts on a good show. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back